PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Is Anyone Actually Keeping Their Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41327)

reprod 10-24-2008 01:10 PM

Re: Is Anyone Actually Keeping Their Diamond

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo_X (Post 472052)
lol yes that you buy for some one els....

my boss gives me a fat *** bonus so im getting a ps3 and a pro with it :) and hittin Montreal for new years with the rest

Sounds like my kind of plan... Bought a PS3 last year, went to the Bahamas and put a down payment on a Bimmer with that last year. Things will change this year since I work in the financials :disgust: and the stupid economy but I will still get something I guess.:???:

As for the phone, I am sticking with the Diamond... I got used to the size and I have grown to love the SureType keyboard... No need for the slide out and extra bulk for me. I just wish I had that sexy chrome that the Pro has.
4Gb is enough for me since I have a seperate music player but the video out as stock would of been a nice feature.

I was in the Touch Pro movers crowd but now I am Diamond FTW!!!

richm2004 10-24-2008 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ocbizlaw (Post 472077)
It discharges while tethering because charger can't keep up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by opuscroakus (Post 472066)
Yes, it is charging it but the draw on the battery from tethering is greater than the charge rate from the USB port on the PC. Your battery will die while tethering.

REALLY....You guys must be using PDAnet. I've been thethered for the past 5 hours w/o PDAnet and I've been charging up to 100%. I have Slingbox on my laptop running to keep a constant data stream going. Bluetooth off with no application other than Internet Sharing. So far happy with the form factor and features but wish the interface would be more responsive. I had a 6700 before the Diamond and I really didn't use the keyboard all that much.

Draiko 10-24-2008 03:07 PM

I'm actually going to stick with the diamond since I bought it as a "filler" device until the Tegra beasts hit the market.

My only complaint about the diamond is the lack of a microSD card slot and flash LED for the camera.

That embedded 4GB isn't bad right now since I'm not going out of town for weeks at a time.

600 MB - my GPS app and it's Maps.
400 MB - My Music
200 MB - extra programs and games
the rest - Video that I usually swap out on a daily or weekly basis and Pictures that I take with my Diamond.

As for the battery life... keep in mind that the iPhone 3G chalked up an average of 4 hours of mixed use battery life. My Diamond gives me around 5 or 6 hours of constant mixed use (Video/music/web/phone calls) with Juicy's 2.5 and stock Sprint radio before flashing any low battery warnings.

I'm thinking that since the Diamond is such a pleasure to use, people aren't realizing just how much time they're spending on it!

Then again, I would be pretty pissed off with the Battery life if I didn't have that battery fix!

eenieMINI 10-24-2008 03:57 PM

I'm perfectly happy with my Diamond. I get caught up in the hype over at the Pro section because my b/f is getting one. I was one who couldn't wait that long for the Pro so chose the Diamond. It took some getting used to but I'm so happy to have a small form factor and the typing is getting easier and easier. I have it tweaked just right and after 5wks I have only had it freeze up on me once and not at all since my first and only hard reset. I'm good to go. Plus I got the phone for about $109 +tx once all the discounts were applied to my account (rebate was applied today so all is complete).
I have insurance so if any of the big issues happen to affect my phone (they haven't yet, its no hotter than my treo was and battery lasts all day which is good enough for me) I can always exchange or replace.

hmotwr 10-30-2008 04:08 PM

I didn't keep it for more than 2 weeks, sold it and went back to my old mogul. Right now I'm waiting for better prices on the Touch Pro.
Heating issues, low battery life, no SD slot, a lot of bugs, etc.

staticent116 10-31-2008 12:10 AM

<p>im loving my diamond with every passing day. no battery or overheating issues at all on my 2nd one. its taken some time but im definitely alot faster on this onscreen keyboard than when i first got it and it frustrated me to death. i ordered my touch pro today because ive followed all of the hype about it and all of the good and bad reviews. i have to see and play with the pro myself to determine if i really want to invest in one. the 4gb of internal memory work out fine for me because i have an 80gb ipod so i dont need the music and i have a great digital camera so i dont need it for videos or pics. maybe a few pics, but do u know how many pics 4gb can hold!! with all of the issues the pro is having with the physical kb and whatnot, if i feel these issues will do damage in the long term, ill just keep the diamond and call it day. the way its looking right now, that pro better REALLY impress me in order for me to switch. i guess we'll see when it gets here.</p>

Anthrax-VX 10-31-2008 05:01 AM

i ahve to go to the pro, just because the keyboard, love the size and it is small but it just doesnt have that full keyboard, it takes longer for me to type shiz out. battery issues were big to me, and that was the original reason i was going to change, i thought this had the 950mh battery as stated on the htc site but i guess the sprint version is better and has better hardware including battery which happens to be identical to the pro. i dont mind the extra bulk of the pro, plus it makes it seem more articulate :) to me at least. good luck

toinejuan 10-31-2008 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hmotwr (Post 485866)
I didn't keep it for more than 2 weeks, sold it and went back to my old mogul. Right now I'm waiting for better prices on the Touch Pro.
Heating issues, low battery life, no SD slot, a lot of bugs, etc.

lots of bugs? and low battery life? The Diamond doesn't have many bugs at all, it's already been confirmed the heat issue is because of the radio. I just love how people who don't even own the device try to bash it. It doesn't have as long of a life because the rating on the battery is lower than the one on the Mogul. However, out of the box this thing is way faster, slimmer, sexier and just all around better than a Mogul. The main reason I am switching to the Pro is only because of the camera and having TV-Out and few other minor things. I have had my Diamond for over a month now, and it's the best PPC I've ever owned.

psvillars 10-31-2008 06:03 AM

I plan to after switching to the juicy rom I'm absolutely loving this phone! Battery life isn't great but it's no worse than the vogue I had before so I'm used to it and the heat issue hasn't been a big deal to me I recently streamed internet radio my whole trip home from work(approx. 45 minutes) and for once it didn't skip out when i hit my usual deadspots on my way home(i was use conduits pocket player) and while the phone got warm it didn't explode or anything like that and i remember my vogue getting just as warm during prolonged usage. I don't talk on my phone for hours at a time and I have put all my music I currently have on the diamond and with that and my downloaded programs i've installed etc. I still have a hair under 3 gigs left so I'm good. I can't see going through all the hassle of getting a sd card and then re customizing the phone just to have a keyboard. And for those wondering I got my Diamond right after it was made available on the website by trading my piece of junk Instinct in.

cataclysm13 11-03-2008 08:50 AM

I want to switch back to the HTC Touch. My diamond keeps freezing and it is getting real irritating.