PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2008, 07:33 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: diamond going back 4 treo 800

Quote:
Originally Posted by stravy View Post
that is great. incidently what kind of signal reception are you getting? my phone whether at home, work or on the road is only getting 1 or 2 bars but it spikes up to 4 or 5 when I make a call.
Typically 3-4 bars. I have had only one dropped call in the three weeks that I have owned my Diamond and that was my fault for trying to be on the phone in a building with almost no reception.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

stravy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Typically 3-4 bars. I have had only one dropped call in the three weeks that I have owned my Diamond and that was my fault for trying to be on the phone in a building with almost no reception.
thanks for the reply

i havent had any dropped calls but i saw in some other threads that someone suggested that the phone may drain the battery faster if the phone was always trying to get a better signal. i live in a city with 300,000 people so its not like i live in the sticks. i work near a downtown with no real tall buildings, most everything is 3 to 6 stories and spread out. i live in the burbs in a normal house. my old phone always gave me 3 or 4 bars everywhere. my wife's new treo is 3 or 4 bars right now in the house. whereas my diamond is always hovering from 0 to 2 bars unless i make a call and then it spikes up to full. i thought this was a power saving technique used by the manufacturer.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

dsmith5237 is a n00b

Battery life on my Diamond noticeably improved after the first four or five days. The first two or three days were the worst. My advice is to give it ten to fourteen days to see how it goes for you.

If battery life is a concern, definitely don't trade it for a Treo 800. That's a good phone, but battery life is it's weakest link.

The better option may be to get a spare battery for the random times you're away from a charger for an extended time.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

abovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abovelegit Send a message via MSN to abovelegit

Try it for a few more days, cycle the battery, upgrade to a Juicy ROM perhaps.. But I found this thread, not sure if you've seen it or not but don't make your decision before looking at both devices carefully.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=34045
Old 10-08-2008, 10:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2 & BB Tour
Carrier: Sprinter

badboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIP

yeah i went from the 800 to the Diamond and i can tell you that the 800's battery is worse than the Diamond
I85 Nextel--> LG VX6000--> Moto V710--> Motorola Razr V3c unlocked alltel--> Razr V3c Verizon Red UI--> Motorola e815--> HTC 6700--> Motorola Q--> HTC Mogul--> HTC TOUCH--> Blackberry Pearl--> Blackberry Curve--> Treo 800w--> HTC Touch Diamond--> HTC Touch Pro--> Blackberry TOUR--> HTC Touch Pro 2
Old 10-08-2008, 11:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

stravy is becoming a great contributor

hey all....thanks for the encouragement....i am going to take ya'lls suggestion and give it some time....i am really hoping this improves.....i would really like to postpone something like a Juicy ROM upgrade if at all possible...being new to WM i dont want to dive into that realm just yet....besides i have an umpteenmillion ?'s about ROM flashing....and backup software.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:03 AM
d94
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

d94 is just getting started

Quote:
hey all....thanks for the encouragement....i am going to take ya'lls suggestion and give it some time....i am really hoping this improves.....i would really like to postpone something like a Juicy ROM upgrade if at all possible...being new to WM i dont want to dive into that realm just yet....besides i have an umpteenmillion ?'s about ROM flashing....and backup software.
its actually very simple

get SPB backup to backup your contats/sms/emails - whatever
run the unlocker
run the flasher in juicy's rom
run spb to put all your data back and whammo!
trust me, i would jump into it..i know it seems complicated but it really isnt
plus you'll notice the diff right away

Mogul > Diamond FREE, $75 inconvenience credit
$42/mo 1250 min unlimited txt/data + TEP
<sprint tech>
Old 10-09-2008, 12:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Khafree is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by d94 View Post
its actually very simple

get SPB backup to backup your contats/sms/emails - whatever
run the unlocker
run the flasher in juicy's rom
run spb to put all your data back and whammo!
trust me, i would jump into it..i know it seems complicated but it really isnt
plus you'll notice the diff right away
Its really easy to do !
I finally tried to flash my phone a few days ago because of the poor battery life. I was not able to use my phone more than 5 or 6 (compare to my treo 700wx that lasted forever). After installation of Juicy Rom, my phone can now go thru the whole day. And honestly, i REALLY prefer the new rom (some nice features but it still look like the stock rom). Give it a try !
Old 10-09-2008, 06:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Shivraj is a n00b

Quote:
dude.. this whole thread because u cant decide what to do. just man up and flash juicy's rom. i was a complete noob and i managed it easily. juicys rom does more than u think, including getting gps locks in mere seconds (with stock rom i had to wait up to 10-15min for a gps lock), QuickGPS, toggle options for beam and push mail on touchflow3D, internet sharing option on usb connection... i could go on and on. Also it eliminates almost all the lag experienced on the stock roms.
If you are a noob, then instead of downloading random tweaks, its actually much easier to flash the rom because juicy has done all the hard work for you. capiche?

Last edited by Shivraj; 10-09-2008 at 06:11 AM.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivraj View Post
dude.. this whole thread because u cant decide what to do. just man up and flash juicy's rom. i was a complete noob and i managed it easily. juicys rom does more than u think, including getting gps locks in mere seconds (with stock rom i had to wait up to 10-15min for a gps lock), QuickGPS, toggle options for beam and push mail on touchflow3D, internet sharing option on usb connection... i could go on and on. Also it eliminates almost all the lag experienced on the stock roms.
If you are a noob, then instead of downloading random tweaks, its actually much easier to flash the rom because juicy has done all the hard work for you. capiche?
not everyone wants to do a custom rom, and im not sure which rom ur using, but the stock sprint rom will get u a gps lock in less than 20 seconds in any program

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond