PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2008, 12:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache>Mogul>Touch>Blackberry>Diamond>Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

MannyPR is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: diamond going back 4 treo 800

I had a Treo 800w and returned it back within 30 days because of poor life and that most applications aren't compatible with the 320x320 screen. Although the Diamond battery is not that much better in my experience it is better. I would go to a Sprint store and see if they can order another battery or exchange the device altogether you might have a bad battery. With that usage pattern you should be getting more than 4-5 hours.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

stravy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
My Diamond will last all day at work (8-10 hours/day) with what I consider average usage:

I am running the stock Sprint rom with no battery hacks.
that is great. incidently what kind of signal reception are you getting? my phone whether at home, work or on the road is only getting 1 or 2 bars but it spikes up to 4 or 5 when I make a call.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:07 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Mine greatly improved over time. When i first got the phone the battery barely lasted 3-4 hours before warning signs... of course I was playing with it constantly but I think the biggest factor is just hte conditioning of the battery. It now lasts all day and into the evening without any kind of charge. I have BT on all the time, no push mail but a lot of use and manually checking mail plus using the camera and video often. So give it time to condtion also.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Another thing i am considering is how accurate is the battery meter on the phone. Everything that I am reading says that these batteries do not need conditioning but rather it may take several cycles for the phone to "understand" the batteries capacity.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by d94 View Post
flash your FW w/ juicy's 2.4.1 and theres a good chance it'll fix your battery issues
i know it fixed mine
what kind of "stock" functionality am I am going to lose by flashing the ROM with juicy's 2.4.1
Old 10-08-2008, 01:47 PM
d94
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

d94 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by stravy View Post
what kind of "stock" functionality am I am going to lose by flashing the ROM with juicy's 2.4.1
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37648
Quote:
This ROM is intended to remain as close to a stock ROM as possible, while increasing speed, performance, and removing bloatware.
This ROM also features convenience features such as
- enhanced battery life
- long press call key to rotate the screen
- long press end key to lock the device
- louder audiopara settings
- custom htc start-page in opera
- etc. (please read exhuastive change-log below)
i believe the only things you loose are picturemail, sprint tv, and sprint navigator, but you can just reload them back individually

Mogul > Diamond FREE, $75 inconvenience credit
$42/mo 1250 min unlimited txt/data + TEP
<sprint tech>
Old 10-08-2008, 01:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
My Diamond will last all day at work (8-10 hours/day) with what I consider average usage:

Push Mail with hundreds of emails.
Pull mail with dozens of emails on two accounts, each checking every 15 minutes.
60-90 minutes of calls.
50-100 text messages.
Light (bathroom) Opera or Teeter usage.

But I also use the car charger from my Touch on the way to and from work. When I get home, I do not plugin again until after 11pm when I go to bed. I then unplug at 6am when I get up and only charge it on the way to and from work.

I am running the stock Sprint rom with no battery hacks.
Came to post something like this, except I turned my email off push and I'm at 80% when I get home at night.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Fittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuff

Push email is the culprit
Old 10-08-2008, 04:09 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

i traded in my 800w for a Diamond. i can tell you from experience as people have said the 800 stock battery is much worse than the Diamond in my experience. Also use Juicy's ROM there are tons of tweaks that help battery life
Old 10-08-2008, 04:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
i traded in my 800w for a Diamond. i can tell you from experience as people have said the 800 stock battery is much worse than the Diamond in my experience. Also use Juicy's ROM there are tons of tweaks that help battery life
First I would like to try tweaking the stock setting to see if there is a dramatic improvement. I have tried searching for "diamond tweaks" but do not see a program listed. Just a bunch of individual little hacks. Is there a program that you can install on the diamond that will help out battery life? If so would you mind posting the thread. One worry I have is not knowing which hacks work on Sprint's CDMA phone vs. the GSM phone. Also, I have to look for backup software in case I screw anything up.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond