PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2008, 05:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

cappy is keeping up the good workcappy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: i know why battery life sucks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabmarc View Post
I agree with you 100%! That is excellent battery life. I got up this morning and removed the phone from the charger at 6:22am. Went to work listened to an audio book on the drive in (20 minutes local not streamed book) arrived at work around 8:00am. Battery was at 90%. I did a hard reset. I setup activesync to get my contacts back and set it to sync every 1 hour. I turned off weather and beaming. Surfed the web at lunch for 15 minutes. Had 53 minutes of phone calls. Installed Nuetools to see the battery in 1% increments. 13 text messages. So no push email all day and other than the 53 minutes of talk not much else.

So after less than 10 hours at 4:16pm I have 19% battery left.
I am becoming convinced that there are differences in build quality (or battery quality) from phone to phone. I have one of the good ones. Looking at your usage, I have tried to estimate what I could expect.

Estimated discharge if it were my phone
10% - audio book taken as a given. I have no way to check
5% - 15 minutes surfing. what I would expect on my phone
20% - my estimate of 53 min of talk time on my phone
5% - text messaging / emails - my rough guess. This might be worth verifying It could be a bigger drain if data connection stays active.
15% - general phone discharge in 10 hours - I lose 1%-2% per hour.
55% Total discharge

If it were my phone, with your usage, I would expect to have 45% battery remaining. If I had left Bluetooth on during that whole time, I would be down to 0%. Bluetooth on costs me 8%-10% per hour in discharge.

During the 39 hours since my last charge I have used 1 hour of talk time, checked weather several times, checked the clock 15 or 20 times and looked at my Settings a few times. Airave off, Bluetooth off, GPS locator on but no GPS used. Signal 1 to 3 bars. I currently have 58% remaining on my battery.

Maybe this will give you some clues on where to look.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

mabmarc is keeping up the good workmabmarc is keeping up the good work

I just called sprint. They are sending me a new phone. Hopefully it will have a bettery battery life.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:06 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappy View Post
During the 39 hours since my last charge I have used 1 hour of talk time, checked weather several times, checked the clock 15 or 20 times and looked at my Settings a few times. Airave off, Bluetooth off, GPS locator on but no GPS used. Signal 1 to 3 bars. I currently have 58% remaining on my battery.

Maybe this will give you some clues on where to look.
That's just crazy. Thank you for the great reply. I think something is wrong with the phone so I will try the replacement to see if it is better. Are you running Nuetools control panel? If so can you post your discharge rate?

Last edited by mabmarc; 10-03-2008 at 06:11 PM.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabmarc View Post
That's just crazy. Thank you for the great reply. I think something is wrong with the phone so I will try the replacement to see if it is better. Are you running Nuetools control panel? If so can you post your discharge rate?
Good luck. I hope that the replacement is up to specs. My discharge rate is 75Ma to 85Ma with Bluetooth off. With it on, discharge rate goes up to 160Ma to 211Ma.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

I guess this is slightly off-topic, but still still semi relevant I think. I installed NuePower from here: http://www.nuerom.com/BlogEngine/page/nuePower.aspx

First I installed this: nuePowerDriver for CDMA Diamond.
That didn't seem to do anything, I don't see anything different in the battery meter page.

Then I also installed this: NuePower cpl v1.52.
That didn't seem to do anything either.

I've soft reset the phone after installing each of those. Where am I supposed to see the battery/power consumption in 1% increments?

Thanks.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by the7thson View Post
I guess this is slightly off-topic, but still still semi relevant I think. I installed NuePower from here: http://www.nuerom.com/BlogEngine/page/nuePower.aspx

First I installed this: nuePowerDriver for CDMA Diamond.
That didn't seem to do anything, I don't see anything different in the battery meter page.

Then I also installed this: NuePower cpl v1.52.
That didn't seem to do anything either.

I've soft reset the phone after installing each of those. Where am I supposed to see the battery/power consumption in 1% increments?

Thanks.
Two cabs must be installed. The second is the Diamond driver. They should both be on the web site that you referenced.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:54 PM
Almost a VIP

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Quote:
Two cabs must be installed. The second is the Diamond driver. They should both be on the web site that you referenced.

Do you mean these 2: nuePowerCPL and nuePowerDriver for CDMA Diamond?

I already installed them both butI still can't see the power data anywhere.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:59 PM
Almost a VIP

Ugh nevermind.. it actually creates a new itme in Settings -> System called Power and Backlight. That's where the info is, it's not on the regular battery meter, which is where I was looking.

Thanks.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:13 PM
N00b

Quote:
Good luck. I hope that the replacement is up to specs. My discharge rate is 75Ma to 85Ma with Bluetooth off. With it on, discharge rate goes up to 160Ma to 211Ma.
Wow your rate is muuuch lower than mine at rest. I have wifi, bluetooth, beam, weather and activesync all off. When I turn on the device I see 113 before it goes up to 175 with the backlight on then it drops to 157 with the backlight dim.

Here is the part that makes me think I have a broken phone. I turned the phone to Airplane and the numbers did not change at all. What could possibly be drawing such high numbers. All radios are off completely.

Just for fun I turned on Bluetooth and Wifi and push email and the number went to 298mA.

578 to 672 mA initializing GPS with live search. Then settled at 566 mA once a fix from gps was made.

Thanks for the help Cappy. What is your reading in Airplane mode?

Last edited by mabmarc; 10-03-2008 at 09:16 PM.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:29 PM
Almost a VIP

Mine reads 218 with ONLY the phone radio on. GPS location is always on but it wasn't seeking or anything. Data and BT and wifi were all off as well but it's still reading 218mA. Seems pretty high right?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond