PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2008, 11:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

iamjasonc is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: hey how do you know when its fully charged????

Quote:
Originally Posted by skimco View Post
ok so if i have had it charging for a day and a half and it still is a pulsating white circle and not solid then somethings not right........RIGHT???

If the circle LED is slowly fully coming on, then slowly fully dimming then its charging. If there is light going around the d-pad in circles then that means you have a missed call/text/email whatever
Old 09-21-2008, 12:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

abovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abovelegit Send a message via MSN to abovelegit

Quote:
ok so if i have had it charging for a day and a half and it still is a pulsating white circle and not solid then somethings not right........RIGHT???
RETURN IT!
Jk, you might have a new message.
Old 09-21-2008, 03:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 3gs 32gb
Carrier: At&t
Threadstarter

skimco is a n00b

its not activated yet so no new message
Old 09-22-2008, 09:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Most new phones from these carriers except BBs (don't like RIM).
Carrier: Sprint, ATT, Verizon AND T-Mobile. Yes, you read right.

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
its not activated yet so no new message
I'm seeing the same thing with mine. Even though it's been charging all day and battery shows 100%, the LED ring continues to breathe and the device stays warm.

What applications do you have installed, if any?

Mine used to turn solid white when it's done, but not anymore. I installed VistaHideBattery and No2Chem's power cpl, as well as a battery icon plug-in. I may try uninstalling one at a time to see if things change.

Another interesting observation: If I charge via a PC's USB, the ring stays solid when it's complete charging.

Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks.

Last edited by snovvman; 09-22-2008 at 10:02 AM.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:58 AM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

Wow.

Like someone said above, the top thing beside the speaker is not an LED, it's an ambient light sensor that can automatically adjust your screen brightness.

As for the charging, there is no way to tell that it's fully charged, but I don't see how that matters. We're using Lithium Ion batteries these days.. they don't have a memory...
Old 09-22-2008, 10:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Most new phones from these carriers except BBs (don't like RIM).
Carrier: Sprint, ATT, Verizon AND T-Mobile. Yes, you read right.

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeychris View Post
As for the charging, there is no way to tell that it's fully charged, but I don't see how that matters. We're using Lithium Ion batteries these days.. they don't have a memory...
When the ring stays is stays solid, charging is complete.

Most batteries' life, including lithium ion/polymer, are decreased when subject to excessive heat during charging (high-rate charge, over-charge). If the charging circuit does not turn off when full and continues to heat the battery by allowing the current to flow positive into the cell, it will most certainly reduce the battery's service life.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond