PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2008, 05:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

dew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up iGO8 works on Diamond in VGA!

When I first loaded iGO8, the splash screen would come on taking up 1/4 of the screen, and the app would freeze once it loaded.

It took a few minutes to figure out the changes to the sys.txt, but it now works sweet - and the GPS does not need to be primes (although it does take about 20 sec to get a lock).

After you copy the 2577 and iGo8 folders to Internal Storage and before you allow it to install, change the following in the sys.txt:

[folders]
app="Internal Storage/iGO8"

[interface]
vga=1

[rawdisplay]
highres=1

Also, remember that the first time you run iGO8, it may take a very long time to geocode all your contacts!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to gxnext Send a message via AIM to gxnext Send a message via MSN to gxnext Send a message via Yahoo to gxnext Send a message via Skype™ to gxnext
Re: iGO8 works on Diamond in VGA!

thanx! now if only someone could help me figure out away to get the icons to not display looking so digitized...

you know... at 480x640 rez

Last edited by gxnext; 10-06-2008 at 01:05 AM.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:16 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

dew man, did you see this? http://www.navngo.com/pages/global/e.../htc_touch_eng
Old 10-06-2008, 09:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

dew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
No, I hadn't seen that - funny how that press release came out the day after my post <lol>
Old 10-15-2008, 09:20 PM
Lurker

bleomycin is a n00b

That worked great! But is everyones POI's working? I placed USA_California1.poi and USA_California2.poi into the poi folder but IGO is unable to find any of them? Thanks!
Old 10-15-2008, 09:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Khafree is a n00b

i look on IGO website and it seems like they published Europe maps only. Im trying to find a program like TomTom or IGO with maps for Canada but it look like there is no way to buy it online. I even tried to download it from torrent site but it never install correctly Anyone have a suggestion ?

@ Finally found IGO8. I have two executable file but i am not able to run it on my diamond.

Last edited by Khafree; 10-15-2008 at 10:53 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

divi786 is keeping up the good workdivi786 is keeping up the good work

dew.man: I'm also having issue with iGO on my diamond.
Could you please post your complete sys.txt file? Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dew.man View Post
When I first loaded iGO8, the splash screen would come on taking up 1/4 of the screen, and the app would freeze once it loaded.

It took a few minutes to figure out the changes to the sys.txt, but it now works sweet - and the GPS does not need to be primes (although it does take about 20 sec to get a lock).

After you copy the 2577 and iGo8 folders to Internal Storage and before you allow it to install, change the following in the sys.txt:

[folders]

[interface]
vga=1

[rawdisplay]
highres=1

Also, remember that the first time you run iGO8, it may take a very long time to geocode all your contacts!
Old 01-23-2009, 12:30 PM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

this program is awesome!

the map files for canada are like only 100mbs
Old 03-22-2009, 11:51 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dew.man View Post

[folders]

[interface]
vga=1

[rawdisplay]
highres=1

I tried this and it still loads the igo splash screen then closes the program. Can't get it to run???

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond