PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2008, 08:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung X475>MotoROKR Z6m>Touch Diamond>TouchPRO 2
Carrier: Cingular>Verizon>ATT(current)

xTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How To: Configure GPS

Yeah. I cant get it to recognize my phone after adding the com port it gives me an error. I am using vista though.. :P
Old 12-05-2008, 08:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

sracercelica is keeping up the good worksracercelica is keeping up the good work

Does this eliminate GPS lag that a lot of people are getting?
Old 12-06-2008, 04:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

snoozii is a n00b

Hm, for some reason my SPC code won't work. When I am at the QPST service programming program, I click the read from phone and it is saying it is invalid. I am 100% sure it is the correct SPC code though, since there was only 2 letters in my pESN and I tried to capitalize it(which produced a different result) and keep it lowercased but still had no luck.

I even double checked that it was the correct code from getting it from the box and the back of my phone..

Nevermind.. the error is just a bug. I tried getting satellite information from google maps and it worked, so if anyone else gets the error msg just ignore it.

Last edited by snoozii; 12-06-2008 at 04:49 PM.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache + HTC Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

the18thtee is just getting started

tobeychris,

I am a Diamond user but I am on Cellular South. I have spent 3 days now trying to get the GPS set up and I have finally figured out how to do it, so I wanted to post my results...
1. Make sure you have Location Setting in the Services tab of Phone Options set to ON.
2. Set these settings in QPST using tobeychris tutorial
PDE IP Address: 199.117.205.244
PDE Port Number: 8888
PDE Transport: IP
Position: Mobile
3. I do not know the registry settings because I do not know what reg entries to look for. Tobeychris, if you will PM me the registry entries to look for from the cabs I will make a cab with the settings for other Cellular South users.

It prob wouldnt have taken me three days to do this, but I have already flashed a custom rom and it screwed up some of my settings, and CSouth doesnt have a way to d/l the stock rom, so I had to do a combination of IOTA and OTA programming and a bunch of other things to get it to work and I am still not entirely sure what actually made it work but it did!
4. Give THANKS to those who deserve it!
Old 12-06-2008, 05:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache + HTC Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

the18thtee is just getting started

For anyone having trouble with Vista x64 there is another way to change to change the PDE IP and Port (but not transport or calulation so this doesnt really help sprint users).

Dial ##3282#
Enter MSL
Press View Info then Select Advanced
Highlight LBS PDE IP Address and change it to the entries listed in the first post for your carrier and to the same for LBS PDE Port Number
Click OK
Click YES

*****I have not tried this but best I can tell this should work. Let me know if it does!
Old 12-08-2008, 02:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung X475>MotoROKR Z6m>Touch Diamond>TouchPRO 2
Carrier: Cingular>Verizon>ATT(current)

xTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I keep getting an error message saying the port is not working properly or may be busy.

Is there a way to uninstall and re install the drivers? I tried going to Device manager but it keeps saying that the "best driver is installed"

And do I need to connect it to the PC w/ active sync or Disk drive?

Last edited by xTSFx; 12-08-2008 at 02:29 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:53 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

Neither.... by dialing ##DIAG# or ##DIAG SEND, you put the phone in diagnostic mode, which is a seperate mode from Disk Drive and Active Sync.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue + Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

CenFlo is becoming a great contributor

Any Alltel peeps have success with this? I have tried and tried and cannot get the GPS to lock on.

I did it on my Vogue no prob. I have noticed that no matter what I enter for the service programming # it tells me it is incorrect.

I've even tried all zeroes and wrote the info to the phone and nothing.

I seem to recall on the Vogue it needed the updated radio to work correctly (3.42.XX). Once that was done the aGPS was good to go and locked on super quick with 4-10 birds, no prob.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:24 AM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

Your radio is fine.

If you read from the phone again, does the new info appear?

I thought alltel was supposed to have 000000 anyways... but how did you try to get the SPC?
Old 12-12-2008, 11:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue + Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

CenFlo is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeychris View Post
Your radio is fine.

If you read from the phone again, does the new info appear?

I thought alltel was supposed to have 000000 anyways... but how did you try to get the SPC?
I'll try it again using the 000000 and do the CAB for the reg entries, I will then verify that the entries match the programming.

I have followed all of the directions to the "T" on this, with the exception of having to update the QPST program that would actually identify my phone. I used the program (.exe and dll) from the 1st post to get the SPC. Lowercase gave me one SPC, uppercase gave me another. Neither would work only using 000000.

Like I stated, I went through this on the Vogue and the radio made all of the difference. If that's not the case then I will continue to trouble shoot why it won't lock.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond