PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2008, 02:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 & 6900
Carrier: Verizon

buddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Diamond update Aug 12 from Vodafone

hey guy i came across this update for the diamond while looking for something i forgot what.... maybe we can use it... probably not.

heres the site reporting on the update:

http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=652

which has a link to where this site got the info:

http://www.coolsmartphone.com/news4200.html

and the official htc site which has the update i guess:

http://devicehelp.vodafone.co.uk/diamondupgrade.php
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community
Re: HTC Diamond update Aug 12 from Vodafone

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Vodafone GSM? If I'm right then that means that the drivers in that phone are useless to us.

Old 08-15-2008, 05:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X

rolandroland is keeping up the good workrolandroland is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHarvey View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Vodafone GSM? If I'm right then that means that the drivers in that phone are useless to us.
Well with Verizon supposedly moving to GSM/WCDMA/4G (or whatever it will be called) in 2010 and it takes them 2 years to add a new phone or update an existing phone this may come in handly eventually...

Last edited by rolandroland; 08-15-2008 at 05:03 PM.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 & 6900
Threadstarter

buddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good work

heh, i figured VODAFONE was GSM but maybe some apps could be useful?
Old 08-15-2008, 06:06 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Updated apps may be usefull, but the drivers part will not be very helpfull on a vogue.

Last edited by Yay 4 Juggs; 08-21-2008 at 02:36 PM.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

hexto is keeping up the good workhexto is keeping up the good work

FYI

Verizon isn't downgrading to GSM from CDMA. They're next move is LTE which almost every carrier in the US is going to. Sprint is sticking to WiMax cause they have so much invested in it.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexto View Post
FYI

Verizon isn't downgrading to GSM from CDMA. They're next move is LTE which almost every carrier in the US is going to. Sprint is sticking to WiMax cause they have so much invested in it.
For the people who don't know

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3GPP_Long_Term_Evolution

LTE is cheaper than WiMax, has a worse uploading rate, and a stronger signal supposedly....and that's about it
Old 08-21-2008, 01:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

hexto is keeping up the good workhexto is keeping up the good work
Thumbs up Re: HTC Diamond update Aug 12 from Vodafone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman View Post
For the people who don't know

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3GPP_Long_Term_Evolution

LTE is cheaper than WiMax, has a worse uploading rate, and a stronger signal supposedly....and that's about it
Thanks for weighing in with actual facts not rumors and hearsay.
The thing that sucks about WiMax is that so many early supporters of it backed out and now Sprint will be left alone paying top dollar cause the infrastructure and handset manufacturers will be naming their price which will definitely be rolled down to their customers. One good thing is that Comcast and Cox are both hell bent on operating wireless networks and both say they will use WiMax.

Always thank those who have helped you
Old 08-21-2008, 02:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X

rolandroland is keeping up the good workrolandroland is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexto View Post
FYI

That's why I put all the "/" in there, I had no idea what it is called.

Just that they will finally join the rest of the world so it'll be easier swap to another carrier. CDMA might be an upgrade on paper, but not in practice in Fairfield County, CT.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

OP thread jack, but follows where it went..

It may seem like most of the major cell phone providers at least may be considering LTE. But by the looks of things, Sprint is thinking a bit further, and with the partners mentioned, it's not in bad company.

As I see it the carrier's are looking at a way to increase bandwidth for thier cell phone customers, but Sprint is looking at a larger picture and thinking Wireless Broadband for all everywhere.. IMHO

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WiMAX

On May 7, 2008, Sprint, Clearwire, Google, Intel, Comcast, and Time Warner announced a pooling of 2.5 GHz spectrum and formation of a new company which will take the name Clearwire.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond