PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2012, 09:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Diamond and TP2
Carrier: Telus

coward is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Want to use for voip only

Hi, i have 2 diamond that i dont use at all anymore, and i was trying to figure if there a way to use these phone for voip only

so it possible to have the phone in wifi mode always on

radio off completely for cellular data/voice
and use the standard dialer to dial out and receive phone call but in voip mode

thanks in advance
Old 02-29-2012, 06:48 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: Want to use for voip only

Quote:
Originally Posted by coward View Post
Hi, i have 2 diamond that i dont use at all anymore, and i was trying to figure if there a way to use these phone for voip only

thanks in advance

Not that I know of. you'd have to get a custom dialer that did that.

also, moved to general
Old 03-01-2012, 03:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO F&F 500

kidFromBigD is keeping up the good workkidFromBigD is keeping up the good workkidFromBigD is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coward View Post

thanks in advance
One thing that comes to mind is: Find and install a custom PRL(Primary Roamer List) that is guaranteed never to find an actual signal. While not completely satisfying your requirement of 'radio off completely for cellular data/voice' -you'd certainly only be able to use WiFi at that point.

One more idea: Try putting your Diamond into Airplane Mode, and then turn on the WiFi radio - what happens? Does the cellular radio turn on as well?

EDIT: You can find a VoIP client for WinMo that would replace the regular dialer.

Last edited by kidFromBigD; 03-01-2012 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Note to self: Answer ALL his questions, dumbass.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:51 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidFromBigD View Post
One thing that comes to mind is: Find and install a custom PRL(Primary Roamer List) that is guaranteed never to find an actual signal. While not completely satisfying your requirement of 'radio off completely for cellular data/voice' -you'd certainly only be able to use WiFi at that point.

One more idea: Try putting your Diamond into Airplane Mode, and then turn on the WiFi radio - what happens? Does the cellular radio turn on as well?

EDIT: You can find a VoIP client for WinMo that would replace the regular dialer.
the airplane mode/wifi idea works perfectly.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond