PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2011, 02:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S™ II Epic™ 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

iflog is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Shut Off and Stay !

My Diamond has a mind of its own. I press the "hangup" key and hold it for a few seconds to "LOCK" the phone. I then press the power key once to close the phone. Now the only way to get the phone back to a useable state is to press the power key gently, press where it says unlock which takes you to another screen where it says "To unlock this device, tap "Unlock", and press that. I can lock the phone, put it to sleep, set it down on a table and look 20 seconds later and it is on and unlocked, without touching a thing! How can it go through the 3 phases of unlocking without even touching it? Next thing I know it will be dialing numbers just by looking at it.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:22 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

It is probably unlocking itself because you get a text or something or it is searching for signal and it is switching from 1x to Ev causing it to come on. I suggest flashing a 6.5 rom with the upgraded lockscreen or a locking solution like s2u2 or pocketshield.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S™ II Epic™ 4G Touch
Threadstarter

iflog is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Shut Off and Stay !

I'm not getting a text or is it switching from 1x to EV. I can lock it up, set it down and it unlocks. I can do it over and over again and it will unlock ALMOST every time. Sometimes I will just look at it and it unlocks. I think I've about had it with the phone anyway. The battery life is the worst of any phone possible. I flashed a new ROM on it once that promised better battery life and a louder volume but it still sucked. I carry 2 extra batteries with me if I go anywhere. My contract with Sprint will be up soon and I'll be moving to Virgin mobile. As much as I don't care for Sprints coverage, Virgin uses their signal. Android phone, 300 minutes talk ( I use about 30 now), unlimited text, unlimited web, unlimited everything, $35/month. Can't beat it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond