PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 06:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo pro
Carrier: Intertelecom UA

masta is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Help - Broken USB, need to relock

I had the same problem plus my Diamond wasn't even unlocked. I tried to flash sprint shipped ROM but before flashing i changed page pool.

I was looking for Diamond with broken LCD or whatever but with working motherboard to replace it. Since i found nothing i sold it for parts.. I think there's no way to recover it.

Last edited by masta; 03-08-2010 at 06:51 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

bparvin is becoming a great contributor

I wouldn't give up on the USB port. My phone wouldn't sync with computer anymore either after an incident with water. =)

I put the phone into the bootloader screen. (Reset phone, hold Power and Volume down)

Plug in USB and the text at the bottom of phone should change from "Serial" to "USB" (You might have to play with the usb cord and wait awhile. I've had to wait up to 15 minutes with a faulty usb port.

Once you get the "USB" text displayed go ahead and flash you stock/shipped ROM.

Even you are not in Active Sync, it will still flash your ROM correctly.
Another thing you can do is Hard reset your phone (Reset, Hold power, volume down and Center button. If it gets past your boot screen and starts customization you should be able to connect thru active sync and rename your diamimg-stock.nbh file.

Hope one of these works for you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

You're probably right ... I just thought perhaps a long shot. When I connect my phone to my laptop via usb, AS tries to connect and run. Even when I hit cancel, I can still access my phone's internal storage from my laptop. Sorry to hear of your troubles ... nothing worse than having these little buggers cause us problems. They are such a huge part of our lives.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

j37hr0 is becoming a great contributor

Yeah Bootloader screen, like bparvin said is your last hope. Otherwise, you'll re-learn a lesson many of us have learned many a time. Backups are important, because hardware can fail at any time for any reason.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:32 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Moved to the Diamond forum.

Old 03-09-2010, 11:50 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

This might sound painfully obvious, but I re-skimmed this post and didn't see it mentioned:

Have you tried a different USB cable? A lot of times, these cables go bad in a hurry. I figure it's worth a shot...
Old 03-09-2010, 06:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

ecker2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularecker2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularecker2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bparvin View Post
I wouldn't give up on the USB port. My phone wouldn't sync with computer anymore either after an incident with water. =)

I put the phone into the bootloader screen. (Reset phone, hold Power and Volume down)

Plug in USB and the text at the bottom of phone should change from "Serial" to "USB" (You might have to play with the usb cord and wait awhile. I've had to wait up to 15 minutes with a faulty usb port.

Once you get the "USB" text displayed go ahead and flash you stock/shipped ROM.

Hope one of these works for you.
thanks for the suggestions.. yea i've tried this method in the past.. although as of now i'm having no luck getting the "serial" to change to usb.. i used to be able to get this to happen by pressing a certain way on the cord, but now have no luck.. when you said leave it for like 15 min did you mean let it sit plugged in or try to wiggle it around for that long?
Old 03-09-2010, 06:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

ecker2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularecker2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularecker2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
You're probably right ... I just thought perhaps a long shot. When I connect my phone to my laptop via usb, AS tries to connect and run. Even when I hit cancel, I can still access my phone's internal storage from my laptop. Sorry to hear of your troubles ... nothing worse than having these little buggers cause us problems. They are such a huge part of our lives.
Quote:
Originally Posted by j37hr0 View Post
Yeah Bootloader screen, like bparvin said is your last hope. Otherwise, you'll re-learn a lesson many of us have learned many a time. Backups are important, because hardware can fail at any time for any reason.
well still no luck getting it to connect.. you guys are right.. i should have backed up my stuff more recently.. we begin to trust our phones so much we never suspect hardware failure.. and i never realized how much i depended on my phone until now.. i guess its a lesson learned
Old 03-09-2010, 06:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilray View Post
This might sound painfully obvious, but I re-skimmed this post and didn't see it mentioned:

Have you tried a different USB cable? A lot of times, these cables go bad in a hurry. I figure it's worth a shot...
a different cable was the first thing i tried.. i am pretty sure that its my stupid usb port.. i've did a little searching and found some other diamond users having this same problem.. not sure if its a manufacture defect or caused by the way i charge and use my phone.. just a weird problem because the usb port still charges but doesn't recognize the data connection..
Old 03-10-2010, 07:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

j37hr0 is becoming a great contributor

sorry dude. That sucks. Did you try connecting to another PC?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Tags
broken usb port, unable to sync