PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Will you keep your Diamond as your every day phone until the HD2 hits the U.S.?
Yes 58 96.67%
No 2 3.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2009, 03:09 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

I honestly love my diamond but im ready to go back to having a hard kb now. keep tryin to get it replaced w/a TP.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 12-08-2009, 12:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

billyapd21 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Who is sticking with the Diamond until something like the HD2 hits the U.S.?

I'm in the same boat. I've been upgrade eligible for a while and really wanted the Whitestone variant or HD2. The past couple of days I've really been thinking about the TP2, especially because I can get it for $199 through my job with no mail in rebate. I don't know what to do. I'm not sure how much longer they'll be offereing the deal but I want to wait till the beginning of the year to see if there's any news of upcoming devices.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: sprint

dcanimation is a n00b
Re: Who is sticking with the Diamond until something like the HD2 hits the U.S.?

I'd love to upgrade my diamond, but Sprint doesn't really have much to offer right now. Plus i want something with a faster processor. Here's hoping that the Bravo comes to Sprint!
Old 12-08-2009, 01:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo

racemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuff

I wouldn't say as fast as the touch pro2 but you're right there isn't much incentive to upgrading unti the HD2 comes out. Unfortuntly I think I'll be switching to T-Mobile to get it.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

ChansteR390 is just getting started

I could upgrade to a Droid or an Eris but I am holding out on the Brave/Passion and see if it comes to VZW and then I will be jumping on that ship.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

cesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to cesium Send a message via MSN to cesium

All I know is that I want my next phone to have a faster processor and an OLED screen.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc snap ceda100 s510
Carrier: Telus

Jadall is just getting started

I bought this phone when the hd touch was out and a lot of other "better" phones I picked it because the size was smaller than other htc slideout phones and it was cheap like over 100 cheaper than touch pro and a lot of other very nice phones

I love my cdma diamond but telus and bell went hspa (can't remember abbreviation) its the network (at least for data) that the new devices are using so another phone model might be faster in the area I use it in. changing it with roms and stuff is totally awesome I can make it into a different phone at will! and hopefully someday they will make an android os that runs on the diamond for more roms to try.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

mogulman01 is a n00b

I just renewed my contract with Sprint, and upgraded my wife's phone from a Centro to a Samsung Intrepid. I was thinking about getting a TP2 on my existing plan, or changing my plan and getting a Hero, Moment or Pixi. It just isn't worth it for me to change my plan. The TP2 is too big also and same CPU as diamond.

So for the time being I'm sticking with the Diamond on my legacy plan until something significantly better comes around. I'm really kind of down on Winmo right now, but I can live with it if I can keep my current plan.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I will be keeping my Diamond for awhile, as Sprint doesn't seem to be in a rush to get anymore WinMo devices. I need to stay with WinMo in order to keep my Current Sprint Plan. You know, Sprint is trying to get most of us off the older, better, less expensive plans.
No problems here as I like my Diamond, and have purchased a Back up just in case the need for one arises
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin
Old 12-09-2009, 03:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2

billyapd21 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Everyday I seem to be thinking about the TP2 more and more. I just know as soon as I buy it they are going to release a new phone that I would like better. I wish they would just tell me if they are getting the HD2 or not. If so, I'll wait it out, If not, I'm buying a TP2.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond