PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2012, 01:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

holmesm is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Finally! The HSPL for The HTC Arrive is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualls View Post
I'll send you the link when I get home to try again. Rapidshare usually bitches up files when I DL. Did mine twice now since I tried doing the "official" updates and had no internet sharing, so back to DFT. Put in bootloader mode and run RSPL, then HSPL, then flash away...Also make sure you're using the usb that came with the phone. People have reported issues with using generic cables. You can also do a hard reset. Not sure if that changes the bootloader to default NoDo or not. Mine wasn't shipped with Mango.
I have not run the RSPL or HSPL yet because my bootloader is v4.1.230513.1. Maybe I'm confused, I thought I had to downgrade the bootloader first with the second link in post #1, then run the RSPL/HSPL. When I ran the DFT_XSPL_WP7FG3 - the only options in the dropdown box start with 1's, so I did not try that yet. I tried using a different usb cable (factory) and I get the same result. Tried d/l a third time as well.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

vaporE is just getting started

Here are the notes I took whilst "hacking" my phone:

1. Enter SPL mode by powering Off and then holding Volume Down with Power for about 5 seconds
Should enter tricolor mode

2. Downgrade Bootloader from 4.3.x to 1.25 using RUU_Gold_C_Sprint_WWE_1.29.563.02_Radio_1.51.00.01 _23.12W.05.06U_NoDo_Signed_by_ansar
Double Click ROMUpdateUtility.exe
Phone will restart. Power of and then hold Volume Down with Power for about 5 seconds

3. Install RSPL using DFT_RSPL_WP7FG3_LAUNCH
At tricolor mode again and now say RSPL instead of SPL

4. Install HSPL using DFT_HSPL_WP7FG3_INSTALL
Choose 1.29 HSPL from drop down list
It will reboot to phone OS. Power off and then hold Volume Down with Power for about 5 seconds
At tricolor mode it should now say HSPL instead of RSPL

5. Install your preferred new image
I used DFT Freedom Gold_C V1 for Sprint

6. Hard Reset phone
Remove battery > put it back in > hold volume up/down then hold power button for 5 seconds then press volume up to confirm
Once you get back to the OS, Skip the setup (where you can because it won't work yet)
"Settings > Cellular > Change Network Profile" and then "Change PRL"
While you're in here, changing Roaming to "roam"
Restart phone

7. Install "Reinstaller" app to speed throughy app reinstall
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA TP2

aqualls is keeping up the good workaqualls is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmesm View Post
I have not run the RSPL or HSPL yet because my bootloader is v4.1.230513.1. Maybe I'm confused, I thought I had to downgrade the bootloader first with the second link in post #1, then run the RSPL/HSPL. When I ran the DFT_XSPL_WP7FG3 - the only options in the dropdown box start with 1's, so I did not try that yet. I tried using a different usb cable (factory) and I get the same result. Tried d/l a third time as well.
Just starting with the easiest solution first, but you do have activesync and WMDC installed on your PC, correct? I am uploading two files right now. One is the link in the first post and the other is NoDo RUU. Either one should downgrade bootloader. I'll shoot you the links when they're done.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

holmesm is a n00b

I have active sync to connect to my tp2 (that I still use for tethering) & Zune for the 7 pro and both connect fine. I d/l both files and got same result - invalid vendor id. I guess this is just not going to work for my phone. Hopefully someone will come out with a USC file or support for the 4.xx bootloader... Thanks for the help anyway.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

twiztid420 is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to twiztid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmesm View Post
I have active sync to connect to my tp2 (that I still use for tethering) & Zune for the 7 pro and both connect fine. I d/l both files and got same result - invalid vendor id. I guess this is just not going to work for my phone. Hopefully someone will come out with a USC file or support for the 4.xx bootloader... Thanks for the help anyway.

Do you have the 7 Pro or the Arrive ? They are Different and the procedure for installing SPL may be different between the 2 since the 7 pro has been hacked way before the arrive
Old 03-30-2012, 06:01 PM
Lurker

adihere is a n00b

Quick question, with this DFT Freedom Rom will i have all the latest Mango 7720 functionality as i currently have like eg. Speech, Custom ringtones, Multitasking, integrated search features etc... Thanks in advance!
Old 03-30-2012, 10:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Yes, all there. Also has Bazaar Marketplace for homebrew apps, file mgr., reg editor, ect. Runs smooth. No issues on my Arrive WiFi device and my friends Arrive "daily driver"
Old 03-31-2012, 03:38 PM
Lurker

adihere is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo70 View Post
Yes, all there. Also has Bazaar Marketplace for homebrew apps, file mgr., reg editor, ect. Runs smooth. No issues on my Arrive WiFi device and my friends Arrive "daily driver"
Sounds good I am going to perform this, this weekend. Let you guys know how it pans out. Thanks!
Old 03-31-2012, 03:46 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adihere View Post
Sounds good I am going to perform this, this weekend. Let you guys know how it pans out. Thanks!
yup everything ur used to from WM.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:27 AM
Lurker

adihere is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo70 View Post
No dumb questions. Flashing you will lose everything. you can reinstall the previous thru Zune. There is also a marketplace app reinstaller http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/ap...6-fa6dcd84dda4 .There is a message backup thru a unlocked "homebrew" solution. It is easy and worth the effort.

Hey where can i find that homebrew message back up? I've tried searching...Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro