PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2011, 10:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

Aleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Mango Has been released for the Arrive today Official!

every fiber in my body is struggling to contain an explosion of excitement while my phone updates to 7720.
you have no idea...

Last edited by Aleki; 09-27-2011 at 10:51 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Arrive

Aleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

btw: phone is upgrading to mango on its own accord; no zune trick necessary
Old 09-27-2011, 10:57 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Got my update installed this evening after work... all is well! Hidden Wi-Fi support is definitely confirmed... no Internet Sharing.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:28 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; XBLWP7; ZuneWP7))

I read earlier about internet sharing...it might come if the carrier supports it, which means we're gonna get hosed!
Old 09-27-2011, 11:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

inmnbob is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Finally was able to force the update and it just started the backup. It was challenging to disconnect the wifi in time. Hopefully no issues from this point.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:42 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; XBLWP7; ZuneWP7))

...did I get a bad flash or Tmo doesn't support custom ringtones...?
Old 09-28-2011, 01:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

sanyo69 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to sanyo69 Send a message via Yahoo to sanyo69

I just updated mine to 7.5 and there seems to be some stuff in the OS. They linked just about everything that is popular for social networks but I did not see the multitasking feature at all. I selected background applications and non of my apps were listed as compatible for them to be running in the background. I guess an update is coming in the future. oh and you still cannot use mp3's as ring tones. Looks like Microsoft wanted to push the update early to not lose anymore customers to iPhones. Now that Sprint is going to carry them. Looks like that to me.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:43 AM
Lurker

sanyo69 is a n00b

I have the Arrive with Sprint and we don't have it either
Old 09-28-2011, 01:48 AM
Lurker

sanyo69 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkbunniz View Post
Got mine done about 45 mins ago. Seemed to take an hour to get through the whole thing. I did have to use the WPCentral method to force update, i guess its easier when using a laptop with a wifi on/off switch =P So far I really like it. I had already seen a lot of what mango was going to do from a microsoft rep, but i am really sorry for leaving Windows devices right now. haha I realized that deep down, i am always going to be a windows girl and android is my filler friend. I still love my EVO 3D but my Arrive is going to be stuck at my side for a long time. This OS seems to move so fluid and the little integrated tools make life so much easier. Its nice to have a phone that does it all without having to download a ton of apps.

Sorry for my long rant but im just feeling so at home now

PS Is anyone else stoked that they can now use their own mp3/wma files as their ringtones? Granted you have to edit them to exactly 30 seconds or less....its nice to be able to make the phone more you...right?
how did you do that? i didn't see anything on my arrive that let me select an mp3? i love the OS and it is way faster and everything is finally linked together.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanyo69 View Post
how did you do that? i didn't see anything on my arrive that let me select an mp3? i love the OS and it is way faster and everything is finally linked together.
here you are, must use Zune

How to Make Custom Ringtones for Windows Phone Mango
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro