PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2011, 08:55 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Best Buy Clearance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake62 View Post
To clarify, when I went to get it at my local Best Buy, they were out of stock. When he checked stock in other stores, there were only a few left in SE Michigan and the inventory screen, which he showed me, said that it was not available for store order and also that the product was discontinued.
I asked him about the discontinued remark and he said that only meant that Best Buy was discontinuing the stocking of the product. He never called this a clearance sale, but everything he said makes me believe that they dropped the price to move remaining stock, hence the clearance remark.
BTW, I'm loving this phone and debating whether to throw Mango on it, or just wait.
yea that's kinda BS that they're discontinuing it especially since all the droid phones are still in stock. damn idiots! as for mango beta I say go for it even tho it may be officially released in a matter of weeks.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sammy Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Sprint

Anon9mouz is keeping up the good workAnon9mouz is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Anon9mouz Send a message via Yahoo to Anon9mouz
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
It will be free by Q4 plus samsung wp is on the way and I wanna see what they come up with.
Samsung wp???

Sent from my PG86100-EVO3D-using Tapatalk
Kernel: Stock and loven it
I envy the dumb ones.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:47 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

Best buy couldn't get my money even if they were a penny!
Old 08-22-2011, 10:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake62 View Post
To clarify, when I went to get it at my local Best Buy, they were out of stock. When he checked stock in other stores, there were only a few left in SE Michigan and the inventory screen, which he showed me, said that it was not available for store order and also that the product was discontinued.
I asked him about the discontinued remark and he said that only meant that Best Buy was discontinuing the stocking of the product. He never called this a clearance sale, but everything he said makes me believe that they dropped the price to move remaining stock, hence the clearance remark.
BTW, I'm loving this phone and debating whether to throw Mango on it, or just wait.
Your trusting a bestbuy person to know what is going on with a product across the country ? Did you actually see something that said discontinued ? It's not discontunued online and if they were doing it nationaly, it would show that online.

We just can hope it's selling better than expected but, who knows..

BTW...Mango is awsome, just make sure you do a backup if you do it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post

Best buy couldn't get my money even if they were a penny!
I was thinking the same thing.....but, sometimes I will break that for a smoking deal but, very rare

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !

Last edited by DavidinCT; 08-22-2011 at 10:45 AM.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Axim x51v and TouchPro 2 now Arrive

JohnMcD348 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

OK, so if I go buy this phone for cheap, can it be activated on Sprint? My wife and I both have sprint and have used it since we were Nextel, 12 years ago. She likes my Arrive but can't see spending as much as they are charging for it through Sprint actual. Even with the upgrade that we're both eligible for.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:59 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

The price from worst buy is the new/eligible upgrade price, so you should be able to make it happen.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:47 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

I wonder if it's possible to activate a Verizon Trophy on Sprint...
Old 09-10-2011, 07:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

nissanman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Amazon mobile, upgrade price of $99. Couldn't care less about the .01 price, I don't qualify for that. Free 2day shipping too!
Old 09-20-2011, 08:05 AM
oZo
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Radar 4G Windows Phone
Carrier: Straight Talk

oZo is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
I wonder if it's possible to activate a Verizon Trophy on Sprint...
Not legally...lol.

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro