PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2011, 05:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 8125, Apache, Mogul, Touch Pro2 all by hTC
Carrier: Sprint

NIKOKAPS is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to NIKOKAPS
Arrive emits noise from bottom while screen on.

I noticed this a few weeks ago, the Arrive emits a slight buzzing noise from the bottom of the device. This was realized while making a phone call bringing the phone up to my ear and the proximity sensor kicked in which stopped the noise. The noise stops while the screen is off or while in proximity. Is this just my Arrive or can anyone else confirm this?

Last edited by NIKOKAPS; 06-16-2011 at 05:38 PM.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive 32GB MANGO (Sprint)
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular (Verizon)

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Re: Arrive emits noise from bottom while screen on.

Silent as can be here during all functions. Never noticed any problems or concerns.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Can't say I have ever heard any noise either. Guess I'll pay closer attention tomorrow.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:15 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

no noise here either
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Apache > HTC Touch Pro > HTC Arrive
Carrier: Verizon > Sprint

koolhands is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKOKAPS View Post
I noticed this a few weeks ago, the Arrive emits a slight buzzing noise from the bottom of the device. This was realized while making a phone call bringing the phone up to my ear and the proximity sensor kicked in which stopped the noise. The noise stops while the screen is off or while in proximity. Is this just my Arrive or can anyone else confirm this?
i can confirm this noise, the noise is very high pitched which i wouldn't be suprised if most could not hear it. but yes my arrive does emit a high pitched buzz when the phone' screen is active. the proximity sensor turns off the display which makes the noise go away. i noticed this on day one of purchase, should of said something but i was so happy to get the phone a day before it was officially released that i didn't care besides its only when the phone is not near to my ear. however, annoyingly comes back when i look to see who else is calling. and i can also confirm that Mango "beta" does not resolve this buzz
Old 07-07-2011, 09:05 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolhands View Post
i can confirm this noise, the noise is very high pitched which i wouldn't be suprised if most could not hear it. but yes my arrive does emit a high pitched buzz when the phone' screen is active. the proximity sensor turns off the display which makes the noise go away. i noticed this on day one of purchase, should of said something but i was so happy to get the phone a day before it was officially released that i didn't care besides its only when the phone is not near to my ear. however, annoyingly comes back when i look to see who else is calling. and i can also confirm that Mango "beta" does not resolve this buzz
still can't hear it before and after the mango update and I bought my arrive the day it came out.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:13 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

No noise here. Perhaps a defect in your handset that you should have it replaced.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Arrive

Aleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

mine does the same thing. I could notice it in a semi-quiet room. it sounds like the noise those energy efficient light bulbs emit when on; except at lower amplitude.
do you think its worth a complaint? the one I received was a referb
Old 07-17-2011, 07:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

I can hear a VERY high pitched noise if and only if my ear is sitting on the bottom of the phone (lower mesh area). If my ear is moved even 1 inch away, it can't be heard. I figure all the ones that this is bothering are young ones with exceptional hearing.

Since my ear is only supposed to be on the opposite end, I have no complaints.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:27 AM
Banned User

oh shit I did just that and I heard it. seems to be Not too bad its almost as if ur forcing urself to hear it if ur plastering that area against ur ear.

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro