PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2007, 10:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: spcs

nickm is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hey Tier,
under the "files and shortcuts" I have tried to drag and drop cabs, and also import them.

When I drag and drop them the files don't look the same as when I import them. Importing them seems to extract the files from the cab.

But neither of them seem to work.

If I drag and drop a cab into the blank area. It never installs the cab when I flash the ROM.

When I import the cab it opens it (sometimes), extracts the file. Sometimes I get and error (media is write protected).

If I make a personal OEM with cabs in it. It causes the "buildOS" to error.

If I make a plain "no frills" OEM (name, setting, ....) It loads fine when I "BuildOS".

Any ideas what I am doing wrong. Or is the "shortcuts portion not working?
Old 11-02-2007, 03:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
If you want to convert a cab into an OEM then you use import. If you just want the cab file itself to be there in \Windows then you drag and drop.

Importing not only adds files but registry settings. It's not perfect so you'll have to look through each of them to make sure there are no errors. That's most likely where the buildOS error is coming from. You may want to check your temp/log.txt to see the exact rgu and line # that's giving you problems.

As for write protected.. if your tools directory is on portable media, make sure write protection (or read only) is off. Cab files will need to be extracted to a temp folder to be added.

Last edited by tiermann; 11-02-2007 at 03:08 AM.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:11 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
I tried to use the OEMizer. I downloaded it today. I put my Owner info in and cahnged the Items on tody screen in personal section. I enabled time zone sycronization for eastern time zone. I didn't make any other changes. I cooked Rom with AKUo.7 6c kitchen. After burning ROM the screen came up with the speaker icon, battery meter and most of the signal meter missing. The time sync worked. I cooked ROM without personal changes and the icons returned. Any idea what may have caused that?

Edit: I took the today and apperance items off and it works fine. Only thing is I don't know how useful it is to only be able to add owner information. This sounds like a great tool, I just need to figure it out.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>

Last edited by GaMedic; 11-02-2007 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Update
Old 11-02-2007, 09:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker

nickm is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiermann View Post
If you want to convert a cab into an OEM then you use import. If you just want the cab file itself to be there in \Windows then you drag and drop.

Importing not only adds files but registry settings. It's not perfect so you'll have to look through each of them to make sure there are no errors. That's most likely where the buildOS error is coming from. You may want to check your temp/log.txt to see the exact rgu and line # that's giving you problems.

As for write protected.. if your tools directory is on portable media, make sure write protection (or read only) is off. Cab files will need to be extracted to a temp folder to be added.

Thanks Boss That helped me. I didn't know the difference.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker

nickm is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga. Medic View Post
I tried to use the OEMizer. I downloaded it today. I put my Owner info in and cahnged the Items on tody screen in personal section. I enabled time zone sycronization for eastern time zone. I didn't make any other changes. I cooked Rom with AKUo.7 6c kitchen. After burning ROM the screen came up with the speaker icon, battery meter and most of the signal meter missing. The time sync worked. I cooked ROM without personal changes and the icons returned. Any idea what may have caused that?

Edit: I took the today and apperance items off and it works fine. Only thing is I don't know how useful it is to only be able to add owner information. This sounds like a great tool, I just need to figure it out.

There is an option on the today "tab" to hide or show those icons.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
OK, I tried this and it looked great until it got to the end. I tried to put two cabs in the file by importing them, plus the personal settings. Here is the last part of the log.

Failed to parse value name HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\ LVM Time!!!
InitRegistry FAILED in file ".\Registry\ffffffff-4283-4086-929e-1601638fae3d.rgu" within a few lines of line 206.
ImportFromPackageListStrict: (RGUComp) !ERROR failed importing ".\Registry\ffffffff-4283-4086-929e-1601638fae3d.rgu"
wmain: (RGUComp) !ERROR failed building DEFAULT hives

I am using VG's WM6c kitchen and it worked fine until I tried to do this. Should I have made three OEMs out of this. Obviously, I have goofed up somewhere.

Your help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks
Old 11-03-2007, 12:41 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Never mind. I found out that my LVM Time CAB was not working.

I did however find a few bugs. When I selected to hide the time on the today screen, it blanks out the bars of reception. Also, I selected to have the soft buttons on the today screen be calendar and contacts and they were but they do not work and complain that they can't open the shortcut or locate file.

The device name did not change from Apache to my name???

I don't seem to be able to set the power settings as the back light and power setting are not in my system settings?????

Other than that, I am going to go nuts creating OEM files!

Thanks greatly!

Last edited by Wizzard; 11-03-2007 at 01:03 AM.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:49 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
The buttons should already calendar and contacts, so no need to change them. Just leave them unchecked unless you want to change one of them to something else.

As for the signal bars, no idea. I don't know the default settings for Verizonguy's kitchen.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker

nickm is a n00b
When you hide the battery it hides part of the signal strength.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:26 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Problem is TBOpt=0 doesn't work in WM6. I'll have to use a new key for that in next version.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache