PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2007, 03:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vx 6700, Touch, Samsung Omnia, Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon

iclickjohn is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Calling all Genius here

I'm 50/50 on technology thinking. I have the ROM from Verizonguy which I like real well. So I thought cool, I'll just download the kitchen and perhaps make a ROM myself.......NOT! OK, I'm not that smart.

So here's my Q.
Is there a way to make a recipe from the kitchen including only the bare essentials, and have one software that is easy to drag and drop apps and then in the end put it in the oven and bake a ROM? (There could be a thread dedicated to the apps and their code)
This way, all of the customization can be individualized. I see here that eveyone wants a little something different. So it's hard to make a call on what to put in.
The kitchen was way too much for my brain to sort out. It seemed like there was a lot of different software to use to get to the end. But I do know there are some very smart people here that may be able to create what I'm suggesting, reducing it down to one software.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6700

TMB_XV6700 is just getting started
John,
I passed by this thread because of the title, but then decided to drop in and learn something.
Your post is a little funny to me because it seems you want a kitchen for the kitchen. Word is that helmi, luv, colonel, and their team are already working on an improved version of the kitchen for both WM5 and WM6, so you should be pleased.
BigJ's kitchen walkthrough - included in help and support files folder of helmi's kitchen - is an invaluable tool for making everything do exactly what you've asked for.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700

ciscob0x is a n00b
Just move the OEM_folders (found in OEM) to the SYS folder and start from there.

That will give you a basic ... clean rom. Once you run BuildOS.exe it will give you a few options for other things to add.

I personally don't like adding too much software built-in to my rom ... it only takes me 10-15mins to install everything I use anyways.

Easy Steps: Move OEM_folders from OEM folder to SYS folder, run BuildOS.exe, click the apps you want and follow the steps given, plug phone into USB, then run CreateROM.bat.

Last edited by ciscob0x; 10-12-2007 at 08:47 PM.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vx 6700, Touch, Samsung Omnia, Moto Droid
Threadstarter

iclickjohn is becoming a great contributor
Yes, that is the info that I read, and determined my brain was smaller than the typical ppcgeek. BUT, the reply that you gave me, gives me some hope that it IS easy and I may try it. If I can't get it to work, I can always go back. I'm on the high dive holding my nose. 1....2......3.......Jump!!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache