PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2007, 11:18 PM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
AKU 3.0 from sprint

Take it for what its worth. I just got a letter from sprint regarding the new AKU 3.0 upgrade. they (on their email) assured that it will happen. here is a copy of it....

Dear Hector Gaxiola,

Thank you for contacting Sprint. I will be happy to assist you regarding your concern about software update for PPC 6700.

I am happy to inform you that we are already in process to incorporate the currently updated software AKU 3.0 in PPC 6700 handset. The talks are in a final stage and be assured that when AKU 3.0 will be released, we would let you know about it.

Thank you again for emailing us, it was a pleasure serving you. Please feel free to write back if you have any further questions. I will be more than happy to assist you.

Brayan J
E-Care
Sprint
"Where our customers come first!"

Refer someone to Sprint and get $25.
Visit www.sprint.com/referralprogram for details.

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
================================================== ===========
Customer Name: Hector Gaxiola
Sprint PCS Phone Number:
Account Number:
Form: Ask A Question-Manage
Topic: Products and Services
Question: I recently spoke with UT Star.com regarding software for my PPC 6700. They told me that they recently came out with an AKU 3.0 for the phone but it owuld be up to Sprint to do something with it. My question is if you guys are planning on releasing the AKU 3.0?

Last edited by hypeo; 10-10-2007 at 01:51 AM.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:21 PM
Laying low in smoke
Threadstarter

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Forgot to mention, that when I spoke to UT Star they told me that the new AKU even though is running WM5 will act in the same way as WM6. That it will have HTML email and many other enhancements.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

KMyers is a n00b
Thanks for the heads-up, Keep us updated

I dig the HTML E-Mail
Check it out for the latest Media Content

PPC 6700 (Sprint)
Old 10-10-2007, 01:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC
Carrier: Sprint

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP
I also want to say "Thanks"......but just one thing

Why on EARTH....would you post your Name/Phone/Account info..on the www........you might want to edit that part out.....I deal with security....and that is not very smart...if you know where I am coming from.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:44 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Umm... Why would Sprint release a new AKU for a device given EOL? That seems rather pointless if they're not going to make any new cash off of it.

I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

KMyers is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Zone View Post
I also want to say "Thanks"......but just one thing

Why on EARTH....would you post your Name/Phone/Account info..on the www........you might want to edit that part out.....I deal with security....and that is not very smart...if you know where I am coming from.
VERY GOOD POINT, Dont beg for identity theft, But were all honest here, right?
Old 10-10-2007, 01:52 AM
Laying low in smoke
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMyers View Post
VERY GOOD POINT, Dont beg for identity theft, But were all honest here, right?

Thanx for the notice. I just spaced it.. It's been corrected...
Old 10-10-2007, 01:55 AM
Laying low in smoke
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
Umm... Why would Sprint release a new AKU for a device given EOL? That seems rather pointless if they're not going to make any new cash off of it.

I'll believe it when I see it.
Good point. But like I said Take it for what is worth. I'll believe it when I see it too..
Old 10-10-2007, 02:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

KMyers is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypeo View Post
Good point. But like I said Take it for what is worth. I'll believe it when I see it too..
Well it might be one of those "Keep the Customer Happy" things
Old 10-10-2007, 02:07 AM
Laying low in smoke
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMyers View Post
Well it might be one of those "Keep the Customer Happy" things

We all hope for that!! I've dealt with UT Star and they seem to be very helpful with their customers. I just recently talked to them about the stylus on my 6700 they sent me a new one that is an upgrade from the original. It actually stays in my phone. Then they sent me a battery cover that also stays put on my phone, no questions asked. they didn't even want to hear about my serial number..

THAT IS CUSTOMER SERVICE

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache