PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2007, 10:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro and Apache
Carrier: China Telecom

mellon is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
i ran it for three days since the first. Later, i gave up and returned to WM5, for WM5 was quick on my device
Old 10-08-2007, 10:41 AM
Lurker

he5acann0n is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon View Post
i ran it for three days since the first. Later, i gave up and returned to WM5, for WM5 was quick on my device
x2 it ran to slow on my device and i couldnt take it ne more
Old 10-08-2007, 10:52 AM
Elite Team Member
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6850, Q, i730, Athena tp2 ++++
Carrier: Sprint and ATT

AstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIP
I've been running since the urls were released in irc with one minor exception of a relflash to stock for service and replacment love it can't wait for the kitchen
Old 10-08-2007, 11:28 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
i nabbed this baby the moment the wave of traffic stopped flooding the site so i'd say maybe 10 hours after release. I've been blessed somehow cause I've averted some of the bugs and issues that others have faced with software. I think the worst i came across was trying to get palm threaded sms up. Other than that it's been smooth sailing, and once the kitchen is released, i may be keeping this device for another year or so!
Old 10-08-2007, 04:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4
Carrier: Sprint

daveedem is just getting started
I've also been running since day 1. Haven't had any of the issues that some folks have posted.

Had some screen lags with texting, but other than that, no problems. did the BT reg tweak and that's helped with volume and quality. Boot seems to be a bit slower.

I do get an occaisional reset for BT, but I had that with WM5.

Install away....
Old 10-09-2007, 12:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Sprint

RubberSideDown is a n00b
I've been running it since day 1 as well, on my Sprint 6700. It took me until today to realize that all of my problems were stemming from the HTC Today screen, which I've now disabled and it is now 100% rock solid. It softboots fine now, everything functions as expected.

Just make sure you soft reset when it says "Customizing your device in 3..." after the initial install. Seriously makes all the difference in the world! I can't imagine going back to WM5!
Old 10-09-2007, 01:04 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC6800, PPC6850 XV6875
Carrier: Verizon

gregshap is a n00b
I also put it in right off the bat and works great, No Problems (Cross My Fingers) Yet!

I just can't wait til they get back in the kitchen and brew us a nice ROM.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:38 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

rp3319 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to rp3319
I've been running it since around the first week or so - as soon as I saw a post over on Howard Forums. I haven't tried 911 to see if i have that issue, but otherwise running pretty smoothly. Mine (VZW) seems slower than the HTC rom2 I had been running, but I'm not willing to give up WM6 new features - like HTML email. I'll probably get the verizonguy dev4 rom update unless I see anything about the kitchen coming out soon, in which case I could just wait, as I'm not having any real issues.

best of luck!
Old 10-09-2007, 10:27 AM
Lurker

DocHoskins is a n00b
Wm6 Rox

I installed on day 1, no tweaks, no adds, few problems. Used Phoenix6's WM5, which had a similar home page, but I prefer the MSMobile apps better, and the contact/calendar functionality better.

I am anxiously awaiting further releases as I installed the beta, and have done nothing since.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint PPC-6700
Carrier: SprintPCS

sniffs is a n00b
I have been running it since it was released and have had 0 problems. I have no freezes, dsods, or any other issues. It actually performs like a phone should now.. I dont even notice any bugs.. everything just works.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache