PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2007, 04:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Looking for Radio 1.27 ROM

Looking for radio 1.27.

I had 1.41 with WM6 and had issues with it on VZW.

I re-flashed back to stock rom and got back to radio 1.10 which as far as I can tell is the latest offical radio from Verizon.

I liked the increased signal that 1.41 had but don't know if I will run into the same issues again with it that I just had (could not recieve calls, could make calls, send txt msg and recieve txt msg but no incoming calls).

Man, it was painful to look at the stock VZW Rom just to get the 1.10 Radio back on the phone....glad it wasn't a WM6 issue. Love the WM6 look and feel.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 09-12-2007, 09:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800 - WM6 stock

bjhanifin is a n00b
Radio downgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
Looking for radio 1.27.

I had 1.41 with WM6 and had issues with it on VZW.

I re-flashed back to stock rom and got back to radio 1.10
Could you provide the 1.10 (and/or 1.27) radio? Around the time I upgraded to 1.41 my phone started locking occasionally during a ring, as well as just randomly. I don't know it is the radio firmware, but would like to downgrade to rule it out!
Old 09-13-2007, 12:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
I don't have the stock radio in just a radio update.

I had to re-flash my phone with a stock VZW Rom with radio 1.10 on it and that is where I am at now.

I too had 1.41 radio on my phone then I flashed to WM6.
Then I tried to lock my phone to 1x Only and lost the ability to recieve phone calls....I could make calls all day long, just could not recieve them. I could even get txt msgs just fine and send them just fine, just 1 side of the phone was out.

SO I flashed back to stock vzw rom, test to make sure I could dial out and recieve calls, then flashed back to WM6.

All is good now but I was looking for updated Radio roms.
Seen posts where some are on 1.14, 1.27. Not sure if those are specific to Sprint or not but was looking to get upgraded radio.

I did have great signal strenght with Radio 1.41 and I miss that with 1.10 that I am running currently. Just not sure if I want to falsh the Radio to 1.41 and risk loosing the recieve side of the phone.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

Schwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
I attached radio 1.10 for those of you that need it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip radio_.zip (4.38 MB, 82 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-16-2007, 02:52 PM
Lurker

bjhanifin is a n00b
Bad radio hardware

Verizon is sending me a new phone!

For some reason the phone is locked in roaming mode, and I can send, but cannot receive calls. Anyway, the tech said this was a new problem to him.

I love Verizon's tech support personnel! Every person I have ever talked to has been very pleasant, and very helpful. Everyone kept apologizing for the problems I have been experiencing.

P.S. I installed the last official ROM from UTStarcomm's site (with Radio 1.10) before I contacted Verizon. So, there are no traces of the previous fiddling I have done.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Did you try calling your phone once you flashed back to the stock ROM?

I had the same issue and went through VZW tech support.
They rebuilt my profile on there server several times. Then I reflashed the phone to Stock ROM with radio 1.10. Had to re-activate the phone and I could once again get phone calls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjhanifin View Post
Verizon is sending me a new phone!

For some reason the phone is locked in roaming mode, and I can send, but cannot receive calls. Anyway, the tech said this was a new problem to him.

I love Verizon's tech support personnel! Every person I have ever talked to has been very pleasant, and very helpful. Everyone kept apologizing for the problems I have been experiencing.

P.S. I installed the last official ROM from UTStarcomm's site (with Radio 1.10) before I contacted Verizon. So, there are no traces of the previous fiddling I have done.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:14 PM
N00b

store2000 is a n00b
FYI, I also moved to the latest and "greatest" 1.41 radio rom and noticed the following issues
- phone radio shuts down once every few hours
- phone radio shut down once when I hung up on a call (pressed end)
- battery life = crap (I guess the radio is just burning current when its in some broken crazy state)

Anyway, I'm going back to a more stable radio rom ... this thing is firstly a phone you know
Old 09-17-2007, 06:22 PM
Lurker

bjhanifin is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
Did you try calling your phone once you flashed back to the stock ROM?

I had the same issue and went through VZW tech support.
They rebuilt my profile on there server several times. Then I reflashed the phone to Stock ROM with radio 1.10. Had to re-activate the phone and I could once again get phone calls.
My problem started after I flashed the April UTStarcom/Verizon ROM (APA_VZW_20720_206_11000_WWE_Ship.exe). The phone activation process failed... until tech support had me enter a few codes then I could activate. I think the problem may have been related to my phone being stuck in roaming mode. :-/

I am only able to receive calls if I put my phone in "Home Only" mode. Both of the automatic modes do not allow receiving of calls.

No I have not tried reflashing the stock ROM again after all of this. However, I have tried several hard resets.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:26 PM
N00b

store2000 is a n00b
Does anyone know of a list of features/bug fixes from 1.10 -> 1.27 -> 1.41 ?

I got 1.10 off the official verizon patch (open the APA*.exe in Winrar and extract the OutputFile\radio_.nbf file) - would like to know if 1.27 is good and stable.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:30 PM
N00b

store2000 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjhanifin View Post
My problem started after I flashed the April UTStarcom/Verizon ROM (APA_VZW_20720_206_11000_WWE_Ship.exe). The phone activation process failed... until tech support had me enter a few codes then I could activate. I think the problem may have been related to my phone being stuck in roaming mode. :-/

I am only able to receive calls if I put my phone in "Home Only" mode. Both of the automatic modes do not allow receiving of calls.

No I have not tried reflashing the stock ROM again after all of this. However, I have tried several hard resets.

Your problem doesn't appear to be ROM related. So hard resets / reflashing won't help. I think you need to re-program the phone (part of activation). Over the air programming should bring most settings back to defaults. If you've tinkered with some advanced settings which break things for you (using ##778 or ##PST or \Windows\EPST.exe) you may need to manually "untinker" them to get it back to working.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache