PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2007, 09:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Ph33zy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any RAM leaks w/ new WM6 ROM? Mogul user asking...

I have left my PPC-6700 for the Mogul and like most users, seem to be having issues with the amount of RAM available on boot up and throught the course of the day.

The main issue we're seeing is that we boot up to about 26 Megs of RAM free. Throughout the day, however, it can go to as low as 3MB. I've also noticed that ReclaimRAM or Oxidos memory cleaner cannot actually reclaim all the RAM back, even though an application is closed.

I was just wondering if any Apache users can report back to this thread to see if they have similar problems to us Mogul users after they install all their programs. I really want to know if its WM6 thats causing the problem or the Mogul's hardware that's causing the issues.

Thanks!

Last edited by Ph33zy; 08-31-2007 at 09:32 PM.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 (Apache) ;PPC 6800 (Mogul)

naigaboy is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to naigaboy Send a message via MSN to naigaboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph33zy View Post
I have left my PPC-6700 for the Mogul and like most users, seem to be having issues with the amount of RAM available on boot up and throught the course of the day.

The main issue we're seeing is that we boot up to about 26 Megs of RAM free. Throughout the day, however, it can go to as low as 3MB. I've also noticed that ReclaimRAM or Oxidos memory cleaner cannot actually reclaim all the RAM back, even though an application is closed.

I was just wondering if any Apache users can report back to this thread to see if they have similar problems to us Mogul users after they install all their programs. I really want to know if its WM6 thats causing the problem or the Mogul's hardware that's causing the issues.

Thanks!
I hate to be the 1 to inform you, but the version of wm6 that comes on the mogul is still a test version, it is in debug mode. The versions we have on our apaches are newer and are not in debug mode.
Once the mogul can be successfully flashed, mogul users will enjoy the benefits that the apache users have now.
It also depends on what you have installed.

Hey Brian, Its been 24 hrs, Got my money?
Stop playing with me man.
This what happens man.
You got till 5 o'clock

Kitchen Info:
Old 08-31-2007, 09:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

so you're not seeing these memory issues I presume? I realize that you guys have a newer build but this is the first time i've heard of a debug mode.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:51 PM
Jay6700

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
10 hours running, no less on ram than i had when i started. Created some ringtones on it from mp3's, listened to mussic for a while, set up my bluetooth device, browsed the web, etc. No issues. No crashing. No memory leaks that i even had with wm5. This is actually running better than wm5 did for me, by far. I think it might be due to the fact that the 6700 has 200mhz faster chip tahn the 6800, but i'm not sure.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay6700 View Post
10 hours running, no less on ram than i had when i started. Created some ringtones on it from mp3's, listened to mussic for a while, set up my bluetooth device, browsed the web, etc. No issues. No crashing. No memory leaks that i even had with wm5. This is actually running better than wm5 did for me, by far. I think it might be due to the fact that the 6700 has 200mhz faster chip tahn the 6800, but i'm not sure.
Jay, are you using the HTC Home Plugin btw?
Old 08-31-2007, 10:55 PM
Jay6700

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Yes i am. It's sweet and sexy, and allows me to access all of that stuff i did right from the front page. Customized my quick launches, my phone speed dials, my weather, music, ring tone, and call alerts. Set up my wireless sync for work email, fixed that button referenced in antoehr thread that takes you to some odd screen instead of mail screen, took off windows live.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache