PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2007, 06:14 PM
Lurker

MsLissa is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So do I log in to this forum and download these hacks onto my phone directly or put them onto my PC and sync them?
Old 01-09-2007, 06:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 (Apache) ;PPC 6800 (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

naigaboy is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to naigaboy Send a message via MSN to naigaboy
if you are dl cab files you want them on ur phn first b4 you install them. if its a .exe file then you have to have active sync to put it on ur phn. also any cab files u dl, make sure u save them on ur memory card or your computer, just in case you hard reset ur phn and u want those files again. saves u looking for it later.

Hey Brian, Its been 24 hrs, Got my money?
Stop playing with me man.
This what happens man.
You got till 5 o'clock

Kitchen Info:
Old 01-09-2007, 07:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: EVIL V

EDGE23 is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to EDGE23
another tip, when downloading from your phone try to keep all your files in order like put all cab files and zip in one folder. that way you won't have a hard time find stuff when you need them.
samsung 680, a700, 920, legendary 9k, a900, 6700, treo 700wx, 6800, 6700, 6800(collecting dust), as of 01/09/08 htc touch, and 5/24/08 finally the blackberry curve, 10/15/08 touch pro, 4/30/09 boring blackberry curve again.
12/04/09 DROID.
WM, HTC, and BB can go to hell now.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:57 AM
Lurker

Cloudfish is a n00b
Quote:
1. If your HTC Apache didn?t come with the newest ROM which is version 2.06.00 WWE as of 10/2/06. To check your ROM version, you can do this by going to start/settings/system/device information. If you do not have the newest ROM, you can upgrade using this tutorial here.
I have a possibly stupid question but haven't been able to find an answer searching. In the quote above you state that the newest version is 2.06.00 as of 10/2/06. I looked up my version and have version 2.07.20--but it is dated 2/24/06. My logic says that since mine is a "newer" version (isn't it?) that the date should be some time after 10/2/06. What am I missing?

Thanks!
Old 01-14-2007, 10:37 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
Are you with Sprint? I think ur with a different carrier which may have a newer update.
~Mike

Old 01-14-2007, 04:09 PM
Lurker

Cloudfish is a n00b
Well now--I guess that would explain it. I have Verizon. Idiocy grows exponentially with my age.... Thank you for the response!
Old 03-21-2007, 01:47 AM
Lurker

bricoleur is a n00b
Keyboard Layout Change

Hi,

First off, thank you for the site. Fantastically helpful.

I want to change the layout of the slide-out keyboard from QWERTY to Dvorak.

I noticed the following, but I'm not sure how to get from there to Dvorak. Any thoughts?

Quote:
Change slide-out keyboard layout
If you have a Device from one country, but would like to use the keyboard layout of another, you can change the keyboard's language setting to do so...

For US layout (QWERTY):
HKCU\ControlPanel\Keybd\Locale = 1033 (DWORD decimal)
For German layout (QWERTZ):
HKCU\ControlPanel\Keybd\Locale = 1031 (DWORD decimal)
For French layout (AZERTY):
HKCU\ControlPanel\Keybd\Locale = 1036 (DWORD decimal)

For other codes, see: [link removed so I could post]
I've searched around a few different places, other pocketpc sites, microsoft... I got this from MS: "United States - Dvorak 0x00010409 66569"

But I don't know...

I also don't know how that would affect other keys. Actually, all I really want to do is remap some of the current keys. Is there an easier way to do this than registry editing? I've seen programs to change the other buttons...

Thanks for any help.

-bricoleur
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:02 PM
Lurker

katkat518 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to katkat518 Send a message via MSN to katkat518 Send a message via Yahoo to katkat518
helpppp

i have a new xv6700 and i think i broke it. I was dowloading, i dont knwo what, and the screen went black and now all i have is a black screen with the words serial v1. 00 on it. I tried a soft and a hard reset and nothing. please helpppp me.

thanks
Old 03-29-2007, 02:42 AM
boubert

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
before you flash that new rom

I'm shure we have all gotten excited and flashed to a new rom only to realize you have lost those all important text messages from friends and colleages or that call log or something like that well in addition to the before you flash instructions i think we all should get together and list the little things that have helped us get-er-done and do it with the least amount of stress here's my first one

http://www.dotfred.net/PIM/PPCPimBackupV1.0_wm2005.zip

great little prog that saved my arse with a couple of texts that could have cost me my job had i lost them. it also backs up call logs and e-mail and a whole lot more
Old 05-17-2007, 11:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache
Carrier: Verizon

BobC is a n00b
Very nice - sped things up noticably.

How big of a performance hit are the sys tray icons? I kinda' liked them.

How would I go about re-enabling them? Assuming the performance wouldn't suffer significantly.....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache