PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2007, 01:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

peacock93 is keeping up the good workpeacock93 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
NetFront 3.4 seems to fix the Sprint pic mail problem.

As I posted in the mms workround thread myteematt seems to have found a fix for the Sprint picture mail problem.

With NetFront 3.4 set as my default browser I can now just click on the text message link to a picture mail sent to me and it starts up NetFront and loads up the sprint website. You must be in the normal view mode for it to work but you will now have all of the options as before...download, view or purchase online copies. My 6700 runs great while NetFront is running and I haven't had to reset after I was done using it yet. This version is some sort of beta/test version I believe until the full release of version 3.5 comes out.

Version 3.5 looks to have great promise to be the best all around browser if everything they mention as features works.

Let me know if it works for everyone else!!
Old 08-17-2007, 04:27 PM
boubert

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
works the same with 3.3 been trying to tell ppl this for 3 mos now i freakin love net front it rules
Old 08-17-2007, 05:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP

elosogrande7076 is keeping up the good workelosogrande7076 is keeping up the good work
Quick question peacock....i was able to get it to work with 3.4 but i had to copy the link from text message. Everytime i clicked on the link it would open up ie. I have Netfront as my default browser; any help would be greatful.....i must say i do like this program so far and might even replace opera for it
________
Vaporizer Wiki

Last edited by elosogrande7076; 09-08-2011 at 02:27 PM.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

peacock93 is keeping up the good workpeacock93 is keeping up the good work
boubert,

I must have missed your post. I love NetFront and I have contacted them about their version 3.5. They told me that there isn't a true release date but that they are working on the ppc version everyday. Version 3.4 is the lastet but it has quite a few restrictions. I would love to have a copy of 3.3 to try but I can't find it anywhere. Hint, Hint!! PM me.

elosogrande7076,

I'm not sure how to help you because all I did was set it as my default browser and it opens when I click on a text message picture mail. I'll do some testing and see if I can get your same results and I'll let you know.

Peacock93
Old 08-20-2007, 02:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6700 / Mogul

boyo is a n00b
I dont know if it's related or not, but for me, using Picsel set as my default and palm messaging, it still opens them in IE. Before I loaded palm messaging it would open in picsel when set as default. That's the only thing I can think that would be related. May be the same for netfront.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint Pcs together with nextel

chirulz is a n00b
how do you set your default browser?
Old 08-22-2007, 12:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: T-Mo

hwnstyle21 is a n00b
For some reason Palm messaging is tied into P.I.E. Even if you set Opera, Netfront, Picsel, etc up as the default.. if you click the link from Palm Messaging it will open in P.I.E. There is a workaround which is a sticky in this forum, using mortscript and the written script. What I did was modified it to use with netfront and set it to my notes button. All I do is highlight/copy the link and push my notes button and it auto runs NetFront and opens the picture for me. Great workaround.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache