PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2007, 12:33 AM
Lurker

anesone is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Trouble adding cabs to a kitchen

I installed Helmi Official AKU 3.5 Kitchen, Release 1.0.4....and I love it!

I wanted to add some other apps to the kitchen and thought I followed "Apache Kitchen Walkthrough r1.0.pdf" instructions pretty well, but with each app that I have tried converting....BuildOS.exe crashes. The error message is "BuildOS.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close." There is no indication as to what the actual problem was.

The apps I have tried adding are phoneAlarm and AudibleAir.

I am posting the original cabs and the files I've created in the hopes that it will help someone to understand where I went wrong.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:27 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
You have a duplicate .dsm or .rgu file in 2 directories. Search the kitchen for other files with the same DSM you used in your added OEMs. Every .dsm must be unique, and the .rgu should match the .dsm unless you REALLY know what you are doing.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:47 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

anesone is a n00b
I just looked at the .dsm and .rgu files for the OEMs I created and they are unique...a search of the original kitchen ended with no matches, and they are different for phoneAlarm and AudibleAir. Also, the .rgu and .dsm file names match exactly (except for the extensions). (I followed the UUID instructions in the "Apache Kitchen Walkthrough r1.0.pdf" exactly.)

There were no registry entries to export for both cabs, but I created an .rgu for each anyway, with "REGEDIT4" in the body and a blank line below that. I don't know if that is screwing things up or not.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:04 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Did you check the GUID in the options.txt files?
Old 08-16-2007, 05:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

Kolano is becoming a great contributor
You need to save the option.xml files as Unicode not ANSI.

Also, if you aren't including any registry edits you don't need to include an rgu file.

Good luck with your OEM building.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:49 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

anesone is a n00b
Whoo-hoo! Thanks Kolano....I must have missed that encoding step. It's working fine.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache