PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2007, 06:24 PM
Lurker

docjones is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TCPMP Flash plugin OEM

I'm stuck on getting the TCPMP flash plugin to work in my kitchen OEM. What's the trick to get this to work? Do I need to uncheck the HTC Streaming player? Uncheck Adobe Flash player?

My goal is to be able to view standard Youtube videos in addition to the mobile Youtube ones and have this part of my ROM. Thanks for any advice!
Old 08-09-2007, 06:26 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

docjones is a n00b
I forgot to note that I downloaded the cab file from sourceforge and dropped the two PLG files into the TCPMP OEM dir. They did get installed with TCPMP into the \windows folder.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
In addition to those two plugin files, you'll want to add the registry settings to set TCPMP as the default player for mp4(3gp) and flv videos so you don't have to do it manually every time. The attached zip file has an RGU to add to your OEM. With that added, it actually opens the m.youtube videos in TCPMP, BUT it give a "rtsp protocol not supported" error and doesn't play anything. If anyone has a fix for that then that's what you'll need beyond those registry settings.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:10 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

docjones is a n00b
Apparently it's the javascript that's giving me trouble. I went to mobytube's web site, did a search for a video that I know is on youtube, but not on mobile youtube, and found it. The mobytube site recommends setting the file association in TCPMP options, which I did (mms protocol was the one that was not set). After this, I was able to apparently stream the youtube video through the link provided by mobytube, and TCPMP played it for me. With nice quality, I might add.

I read a thread where OmegaX got this working in his ROM, so I'm curious if I'm going about it the right way. Mobytube and the setting in TCPMP appear to be the trick. (In addition to copying the plg files to the TCPMP dir, of course)

Once I get the TCPMP OEM tuned up, I'll be glad to put it on the FTP if anybody is interested.

Also of note, I do have the HCT Streaming Player installed from the kitchen, also. That does fine for the mobile youtube site. I'd prefer that all videos run through TCPMP and the plugin, as that seems to be of higher quality. But as is, both players work when installed at the same time, and that's close enough for government work.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
Ah, ok. So it's not just me. If moby is what you're going for you can add the settings for the mms protocol as well in that RGU I posted

If there's a way around that rtsp problem then I'm sure it'll work like you actually want it to. For now you might want to take out the 3gp settings and leave that up to HTC Streaming though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache