PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2007, 04:40 PM
Lurker

Scrios is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone automatically dials last call?!

Has anybody heard of this? My new (to me) Verizon XV6700 has started turning itself on, opening the Phone app, and dialing the contact under "Last Call". I'm running the latest Clean and Simple 3.5 AKU, but it also does this with the default Verizon one.

I've made some common registry and EPST (##77 tweaks, and it's just started doing this. It's lead to some confused voicemails in return, that's for sure.

I've done some searching but found nothing...any suggestions would be great.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache + HTC Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

the18thtee is just getting started
Specifically, what registry/EPST changes have you made?

Which change was the most recent before you noticed the problem?

Are using any button locking programs?

Have you tried hard resetting? Letting Carrier Customizations run?
4. Give THANKS to those who deserve it!
Old 07-31-2007, 04:56 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Scrios is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by the18thtee
Specifically, what registry/EPST changes have you made?

Which change was the most recent before you noticed the problem?

Are using any button locking programs?

Have you tried hard resetting? Letting Carrier Customizations run?
As far as the registry, speedup of portrait/landscape switch, keyboard LED timeout, and disabled text message sent notification...in the EPST, I've forced CDMA/1x (EVDO service at my house is poor so calls don't come in), changed voice compression to 13k, changed the Slot Cycle Index to 1, disabled HDR Hybrid Preferred...that's all I can think of.

Probably the most recent was fiddling with disabling EVDO in favor of 1x.

No button locking programs, save default power button only.

Have tried hard resetting and allowing customization.

I guess at this point what I'd like to try is resetting the EPST and registry to its bone stock defaults, but I don't know how to do that.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:04 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
You have a sticky Talk button, sounds like to me. Notice if you press the talk button twice you will re-dial the last call? if your button is on the blink it could be registering button presses.

Since you say it's used I'd strongly suggest that possibility.

And at that point, barring replacement of the device you'd need to see if the app AEButtonPlus (google it) will allow you to remap the talk key to do nothing. Then you'll have to use the on-screen talk button.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache + HTC Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

the18thtee is just getting started
Well, if you are experiencing these issues with a stock rom, and a custom rom, even after a hard reset then it isnt something in the rom or the registry, so it is probably going to be something in the epst. I would guess that forcing cdma is creating the problem, because your phone is probably trying to do a data connect via evdo but cant, which is prob why it keeps dialing last call. Try reverting that one back to the old setting.

You could also try deleting your EVDO settings in Settings>Connections>Connections to try and stop it from dialing out.

The only reason I would have to say that it is EPST and not ROM is because EPST is one of the few things that will survive a hard reset.

**EDIT**

You might also want to try using the stock devicelock program and see if your phone still dials. The devicelock locks the send button so if it is engaged/locked then you will know whether it is a sticky button or not.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:12 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Scrios is a n00b
Alright, I'll revert the changes and see if it keeps it up...if so, I'll try out AEButtonPlus. Thanks guys.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

TMB_XV6700 is just getting started
Re: Phone automatically dials last call?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrios
Has anybody heard of this? My new (to me) Verizon XV6700 has started turning itself on, opening the Phone app, and dialing the contact under "Last Call". I'm running the latest Clean and Simple 3.5 AKU, but it also does this with the default Verizon one.:
Scrios,
One of the great things about this site is that it asking a question involving registry entries, EPST codes, and AKU3.5 ROMs is going to get answered directly (and for free!!) by people who know more about those sorts of things than just about anyone you'll find at Verizon or Sprint. If you had posted this same question over at pdaphonehome.com, I imagine you would have gotten a very different response.

Since your original post indicated you are new to this phone and you made no mention of any device lock usage, I would suggest (with deference to luv2chill and the18thtee) that your first step should be implementation of a lock-on-wake device lock setting. The behavior you describe (including the puzzled call backs and voice mails) is identical to my own experience and that of many other new 6700 users. Lots of people have posted about it.

Good luck, tmb
Old 07-31-2007, 06:14 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Heh, well I guess I read the problem differently than the others... I pictureed the OP watching in horror as his phone automatically dialed the last call without him touching (consciously or otherwise) any buttons on the device. If so, I still suspect a faulty talk button.

If this is happening while the phone is in a case or a pocket or somewhere else where buttons get accidentally pressed then I agree you should be locking your buttons.

In any case good luck to ya.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: AT&T

hefman is a n00b
I had this exact same problem on mine after I dropped it several months ago. It turned out to be a sticky send button (as Luv2chill suggests). I was able to send it to UTStarcom and they replaced the button panel for something like $75 plus shipping.

Anyway, my bet is on the sticky send button...
Old 07-31-2007, 06:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

superevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
heh actually... the other day my phone was sitting on my desk.. it turned on, dialed a contact of mine, and not only dialed but put the conversation on speaker phone. I was just sitting there, working, and all of the sudden my phone is calling someone and everyone can hear it cause it was on speakerphone. I did not touch it! Only happened once, but very wierd....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache