PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2007, 10:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: bb curve
Carrier: vzw

turbocad6 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
can't recieve calls, even after reflash/hard reset etc...

ok, I've done a few flashes & haven't had any problems ever, I bought a used xv6700 from a good seller on ebay, I flashed the phone before activating the esn so I don't know if it worked before, but had nothing unusual with a reflash, all seems well but:

the phone looks & works fine, outgoing calls fine, but the phone does not react at all to any incoming calls, all menu settings correct, I just can't figure it out... even after a fresh flash again of a different rom again, nothing... If I switch esn to another appache & it's fine, switch back, nfg...

anyone have any ideas with this one?
Old 07-28-2007, 10:43 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
OK the very first thing to try is to go into Phone settings->Services tab and look for the Mode of Operation setting. It should be on Hybrid. If not, try moving it there. If it is on there, try moving it to 1x only and see if that fixes the problem.

Otherwise--here is how to proceed. Flash it with the most current stock Verizon ROM (I assume it's Verizon since you mentioned xv). Here is a link:

http://www.utstarcom.com/pcd/downloa...0_WWE_Ship.exe

Flash that to the phone, and then let it customize your device when it first boots. After it's done, then dial the *228 or whatever you Verizon people dial to provision the phone.

If it still doesn't work then I think you need to approach the seller about a refund.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:34 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

turbocad6 is a n00b
yeah, that's what I did after this post, I found utstars site & flashed the oe stuff, latest there is radio 1.10, then *228, all goes through, but still it just doesn't see any calls at all. does everything else fine though, evdo, outgoing calls... real strange

thanks, I already emailed him earlier, sucks, this is the 2nd screwed up xv6700 I got & from what appears to be good sellers, the first one the joystick button was busted & loose & dangly... I kinda fixed it to be at least functional & was going to replace it with this one... so much for getting them half the price of new
Old 07-30-2007, 01:21 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

turbocad6 is a n00b
ok, I've been playing with this thing all weekend, I reinstalled a rom that allows me to select 1x only & the phone does ring when on 1x only

any idea how I could get this to work with hybrid so I can have evdo back? thanks for the help so far
Old 07-30-2007, 03:43 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
No I'm sorry I don't have any other ideas for you to try. If moving it to 1x and then back to Hybrid doesn't work then my suggestion is to get a refund or replacement.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:48 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

turbocad6 is a n00b
thanks man, yeah, when I go back to hybrid it doesn't work again, I'll just give this phone to my kid without evdo I guess

the seller doesn't want anything to do with it & is blaming the flash as the problem.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: cricket

amoamare is just getting started
You could also try you're slot cycle if its above 4 your way to high and your phone will never ring i keep mine around 0 to 2 at most some people will increase this to save battery life.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:50 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

turbocad6 is a n00b
slot cycle? whats that & how do I access it?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache