PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2007, 04:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon (via Alltel takeover)

answerman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re-partition Extended ROM?

I have to believe this has been asked before, but a search didn't bring anything pertinent up.

I have no use for the Extended ROM "partition" anymore since I emptied it, other than to install a few programs in it.

Is it possible to "re-partition" the phone so that the extra 9.9MB is just added to the standard 43.5MB storage memory?

I'm a network guy, so I tend to think in those terms. This probably isn't possible, but I figured I'd ask anyway.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:18 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....
Carrier: Sprint

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Is it possible....Yes. Will anyone probably try to do it....Doubtful. As we found out with the new 2.04 bootloader, the partition sizes were changed. The partition info is contained in the bootloader rom. However, messing with this can be extremely dangerous since it would involve patching the bootloader. So, as much as I would love it too, I am not messing with it.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 07-26-2007, 05:32 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Actually I have grown to appreciate my extrom for what it is and the unique storage it offers (able to be read and written to but does not get cleared with a hard reset) Actually, I wish it could be larger.

There are some apps I would like to use as OEMs but are not feasilble (either don't run well from \Windows, or require too many files to be copied to another directory thus taking up both ROM and Storage space). I have found the extrom to be the perfect place for these apps to be "permanently" installed. I am still gunshy about installing apps to SD card (especially anything that needs to stay running for any length of time) so the extrom is great because it's faster and stays preserved through hard resets and CE ROM flashes.

What I do is just have those apps reg settings and shortcuts in my own personal OEM folder so after a hard reset it's as if those apps were built into the ROM too.

Right now I have Palringo, TomTom, and Slingplayer installed there. I've learned to love my extrom

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache