PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2007, 06:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

derk is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Limited Mobility - Input Ideas

I have muscular dystrophy and limited mobility.

my wheelchair has an infrared transmitter that I currently use with my home PC to control the mouse cursor. The receiver was originally part of a PowerPoint presentation remote pointer. It came with the remote, but I don't use it. It was made by:

www_interlinkelectronics_com/store/store/?action=dsp_store_category_display&categoryID=208

I also run an application that automatically clicks the mouse button when I hover over something. It is made by:

www_orin_com/access/dragger/index.htm

do you guys think it would be possible for the 6700 to "see" the infrared signals my chair transmits and move some kind of a cursor? It would also require some kind of click or click-hold functionality. If you don't think the phone's infrared receiver would work what about the receiver on my home PC working with the phone's USB port?

the other option would be an application similar to this:

www_etoengineering_com/nohandcomppc.htm

I'm not exactly sure how this would interface with the 6700 and it definitely is not a cheap solution.

Any ideas?
Old 07-25-2007, 06:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
There was a program I played around with a while back (if anyone knows the name, please post) that lets you remote desktop to your PocketPC from your desktop PC (in a window). That would be the easy way to do it since your desktop is allready set up for infrared. It should take all your input just like you were working with a desktop application.

I don't know of any IR software that can remote operate the 6700 though (or pocketPC in general), but that doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. I just know there are a few applications to send IR signals and basically turn the pocketPC into an IR remote control.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

derk is a n00b
I should have mentioned that I do use Pocket Controller at-home on my PC when I want to do modifications, installations, backups etc.

I'm looking for some way to get some control of the phone using my existing joystick with infrared transmitter OR a single switch input with some type of scanning and clicking feature. I currently use voice commands 1.6, however that is not always the best method. For example, in a restaurant or at the movies if I simply want to check the time or e-mail I end up disturbing others around me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache