PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2007, 09:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

robocam is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to robocam Send a message via MSN to robocam Send a message via Skype™ to robocam
HELP! Internet Sharing No longer Working with Vista

I need some serious help..

I have been using my PPC-6700 for Internet Sharing with Vista. I am also trying to Sync data to update Outlook Data, calender, contacts, email, etc. I am traveling away from my XP desktop which worked flawlessly.

When I as usual use Internet Sharing it just worked simply by plugging into a USB port. and the driver loaded and I was tethered, and connected.

Now The only way that I can connect is with BLuetooth PAN in Internet Sharing.

I am running BigJ_r1.6u, ROM version 2.11.20 WWE, Radio version 1.27.00
Old 07-23-2007, 10:04 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Maybe your USB port on the device is on the blink? Try wiggling the connector around.

Also:

Try another cable, usb port. Try soft resetting the PPC and rebooting your PC. Try a hard reset of the PPC (if you can back up your stuff). Try another PC if possible.

In short there's not a whole lot you can do while traveling. But if you can get BT to work then why not just use that until you get home and can troubleshoot further?
Old 07-23-2007, 10:27 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

robocam is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to robocam Send a message via MSN to robocam Send a message via Skype™ to robocam
THANKS lu2chill

I will wait until I get home then.

I know that I need to flash back to the sprint original ROM before I take it in for service. But if it is the USB mini port, I won't be able to do anything.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:12 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

robocam is a n00b
PocketPC USB SYNC driver is loading

I checked the Device Manager when I plug the USB miniport in and the driver that loads is PocketPC USB SYNC., when I connect Internet Sharing.

So I don't think it is the port. What Driver or network adapter should load when I use Internet Sharing in Vista?
Old 07-24-2007, 01:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

Shaska is just getting started
Re: THANKS lu2chill

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocam
I will wait until I get home then.

I know that I need to flash back to the sprint original ROM before I take it in for service. But if it is the USB mini port, I won't be able to do anything.
Note, If needed, Drain the battery before going in for service... Sprint didnt even bother to look at mine for custom roms, Just placed an order for a new 6700 and then gave me a half charged spare battery to use to check my voicemail for the msg they will send when the replacement gets in... (I didnt tell them I had a cradle XD)
Old 07-24-2007, 07:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Krayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Krayziepop Send a message via MSN to Krayziepop Send a message via Yahoo to Krayziepop
Mine is tethered right now under Vista and the driver it has loaded shows up under "Network Adapters" as the device "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device". I believe prior to the new version of WMDC that they just release last month it would show up as a "Microsoft Windows Mobile Remote Adapter". If it does not show up under network adapters, then its not using the right driver. The only time your Device Manager should show PocketPC USB SYNC is when you are in bootloader mode. Even while syncing via WMDC it will show up as a "Microsoft Windows Mobile Remote Adapter". If you can afford to lose the recent data since your last successful sync, it may not hurt to try a hard reset. First I would select the driver it installs and try to update it through Device Manager first, and if that doesn't work you may even try downloading the newest revision of WMDC off of the MS site. It fixed a lot of issues I was having with the original, so its worth the update anyway.

Good luck and let us know what you find out!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache