PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2007, 10:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)
Carrier: Sprint

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone won't rotate into landscape on it's own?

Is there a registry setting that might have gotten screwed up? I can rotate it, as long as I assign it to a button. But when I slide my keyboard out, it stays in portrait mode. Can anyone help me out here? Thank you!
Old 07-23-2007, 12:39 PM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff
well, if you can figure it out I know there are people who would LIKE that...

Maybee your magnetis switch has gone bad?

Have Wifi and GPS on your phone???
Check out Navizon. It's $$$ in your pocket!
http://my.navizon.com/Webapps/UserAd..._code=5E5D5D5F
Navizon- Get paid $s to use your phones GPS & Wifi!

My Navizon Thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21590
Old 07-23-2007, 02:46 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuguy
well, if you can figure it out I know there are people who would LIKE that...

Maybee your magnetis switch has gone bad?
Its weird. When I put a new Rom on, it works. I load some programs and all of a sudden it stops. But I always make a backup of my setup, and then load it on my wifes. Hers still rotates with the keyboard. This has been the same for a while now and whish there was something I can look at to check it.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
It's not hardware then if it's working with a fresh flash.

You might want to put a new rom on there, install any other applications you use one at a time and soft-reset between each one and see which is doing it.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:10 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiermann

You might want to put a new rom on there, install any other applications you use one at a time and soft-reset between each one and see which is doing it.
The weird thing is, my wifes works fine and it is a backup of mine. But if I run the same backup on my device, it still wont work. Makes absolutley no sense at all. Also, two Roms ago, it just randomly stopped without me really doing anythintg to it. Is there no setting in the registry that I can check?
Old 07-23-2007, 04:15 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman
Quote:

The weird thing is, my wifes works fine and it is a backup of mine. But if I run the same backup on my device, it still wont work. Makes absolutley no sense at all. Also, two Roms ago, it just randomly stopped without me really doing anythintg to it. Is there no setting in the registry that I can check?
Also, if I soft reset the device with the keyboard out, it will load in landscape mode. So yeh, I agree, seems like it can't be hardware.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:23 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Also, if I soft reset the device with the keyboard out, it will load in landscape mode. So yeh, I agree, seems like it can't be hardware.
HA! I figured it out. The one program I do not run on wifes phone, because she does not have an extended battery is VJLumos II. Which keeps your screen as bright as the camera screen. I also relized it does not load until i push the power button off the first time after a reset. So, if you do not want the screen to rotate, this is a good program to stop it I guess. I love the program becuase it makes the screen extra bright. I would rather my screen be extra bright plus you can always just shut it off to go into landscape mode.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
Nice work Now you know.
If you like the bright screen then it's not too much of a hassle I guess to hit a hardware button instead, if you have one you never use anyway.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache