PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2007, 08:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: Sprint

wasserja is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can we bring the HTC Touch Scrolling Feature to the Apache?

Can we bring the HTC Touch Scrolling Feature to the Apache? I see that the scrolling flicking action works in contacts, Internet Explorer, etc., is that a driver or something that we can port?
Old 07-22-2007, 01:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
I had an idea on how to do this...

You would need an app running in the background that captures screen input, checks for certain gestures and then sends a window message to the application you're using (like IE or contacts) telling it to scroll or whatever. Or if it's not one of the flagged gestures it just forwards the input to the focused window.

Remoting applications is not something I'm good at though and if anyone else has any ideas, feel free to post an easier way.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6700
Carrier: VZW

bitbrat is just getting started
Take another look at the iPhone iTask post at

http://ppcgeeks.com/itask-iphone-sty...out-t5810.html

Somewhere in there is the mention of a youtube video showing someone using this type of interface (which really works BTW ) and it included a contacts manager that had flick scrolling -- but I can't remember what you had to do to make it work.... Got to got to work - can't read it all again - sorry, really, it might have been on one of the sites refernced in the post....

Old 07-22-2007, 06:30 PM
VIP Member

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
iContacts. That's one program that's out already. I don't use it myself.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

Shaska is just getting started
Well, Isnt the TouchFLO technology just a program that HTC integrated into the ROM for the touch?

If thats the case, Id bet someone out there with some mad skillz could get a RomDump and strip it out to see if it works on other WM5/6 devices...
Old 07-22-2007, 06:38 PM
VIP Member

That's in the touchFLO thread. Polargoat was looking at the cube and different stuff from the Touch. I checked out the biotouch cube too but it won't run on my Apache. It wasn't really due to the apps failure, but it couldn't execute some mysterious other application so it crashes right off the bat. Something has to be missing still from WM5.

Before you ask about FlowFX in that thread too, I've been messing with the code for that. It's cool, but it uses gapi which I'm not familiar with and it also only works on one application, between forms, because it allready knows the background color of the next form and kinda cheats. Hehe.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

Shaska is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiermann
That's in the touchFLO thread around here someplace. Polargoat was looking at the cube and different stuff from the Touch. I checked out the biotouch cube too but it won't run on my Apache. It wasn't really due to the apps failure, but it couldn't execute some mysterious other application so it crashes right off the bat. Something has to be missing still from WM5.
Ah, so perhaps some secret OS files that HTC put on the Touch that are needed, Or even maybe some kind of .dll that WM5 lacks out of the box... Well hopefully the issues can be found and resolved, Because it would be awesome to be able to port that to all the wonderful HTC devices. (Nudge Nudge, Wink Wink HTC!)
Old 07-22-2007, 08:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Leo
Carrier: ATT

Pocketdoc is a n00b
It is my understanding that HTC added a layer to the surface of the screen that allows the sliding input. You actually begin the thumb slide just below the bottom border, off of the edge of the screen.

I will have to find the leak, but I saw a video review (may be infosyncworld.com). The reviewer had a lot of difficulty with the Touchflo. It did not reliably respond. Unfortunate.

But remember, WM6 is underneath, so the same tiny keyboard will be the only typing input method.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Titan
Threadstarter

wasserja is just getting started
Yeah I watched the video on the Touch at HTC's website and saw them demonstrate it. It looks great, and then it pulls up the dinky keyboard and acts as if you use your thumbs or fingers to type like the iPhone. In reality you'd have to use the stylish so the Touch is really not that great.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Easy answer for the keyboard. Happy Tapping Keyboard. Free.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache