PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2007, 09:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Sprint

sledgie is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
After hard reset -> wont sync contacts in AS 4.5

I've attempted a combination of things in order to get my contact list synced backed to my phone after a hard reset - but even though I named my device both in owner and device info the same as prior to my hard reset, my computer refuses to recognize it as the same device and copy the contacts over.

I've tried searching and gave up after going through the 6th page of threads with no answer to what I'm looking for. anyone have any suggestions? thanks.
sledgie
Old 07-20-2007, 11:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
If you're not syncing "Files" and just doing contacts I would delete the partnership and just create a new one. That's the only thing that fixed the issue for me once before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saqer
when you're connected to AS go into options and "uncheck" contacts. After it finishes syncing go back into options and recheck contacts. That should do the trick.
Is another suggestion from saqer to someone else having almost the same problem.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP
Threadstarter

sledgie is a n00b
thank you. I read that thread before posting this new one and the first 2 times I tried it I was not successful. thankfully I tried it again after deleting all partnerships except the one with contacts that I was trying to sync, and I unchecked and rechecked the contacts and calendar. that made it successful.
thank you very much for your help.

sledgie

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache