PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2007, 03:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

zentor is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yet another bluetooth discussion

I have installed a small application to toggle between bluetooth and the device speaker. It works ok with my mono headset, but doesn't seem to work that well when I am using a stereo bluetooth device. I find that if you go into the bluetooth settings and select "Set As Wireless Stereo" the sound is much better for my stereo device. Can anyone tell me the difference between these two functions and if there is a easy way to enable this setting for a stereo device each time its turned on?
Old 06-13-2007, 09:33 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Sure... the difference is in the bluetooth profile that is used. The app that you're talking about is relying on the handsfree profile, which is mainly used for telephone conversations over bluetooth--it is monaural and very low quality.

When you select "Set as wireless stereo", you are using the A2DP profile which was designed for music and other high quality audio sources.

The two profiles have completely different intended uses, but both can be used to listen to music (assuming your bluetooth listening device also has both profiles).

The bad news is that unless your stereo headphones were designed to be able to activate A2DP using a button (some models can, some cannot--it's all in the way the manufacturer designed it) then your only option (that I know of) is to use the "Set as Wireless Stereo" menu command.

I know it's stupid... hopefully Microsoft will fix it eventually.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: cricKet

nFiniti is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to nFiniti Send a message via MSN to nFiniti Send a message via Yahoo to nFiniti
Is the A2DP ever going to be fixed? Hearing 2 seconds of anything kinda defeats the purpose? Also I'm not having the same problem, but one similar... my A2DP Works, minus the crapy skipping... but my Motorola BT Headset does not.. It pairs but when I call someone, it stays on the handset, even when I click use handsfree device.

~Joshua A. Gray
Old 06-14-2007, 09:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache

kevdawg is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to kevdawg Send a message via MSN to kevdawg Send a message via Yahoo to kevdawg Send a message via Skype™ to kevdawg
Quote:
Originally Posted by nFiniti
my A2DP Works, minus the crapy skipping...
how often does yours skip?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache