PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2008, 12:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Turning the phone off

Yeah...I would just shut it off sometimes if I was too lazy to turn off the radio or switch to silent mode during a movie or something. I wouldn't have really missed the feature if it were not there.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:56 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

You know maybe it is something different VZW does. I know on the Sprint Apache the end call key has a Power sumbol as well. Not so on the VZW one. I don't care though... no need to do it...

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Harrier, Apache, Mogul, and Vogue
Carrier: Alltel

mryesterday is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to mryesterday Send a message via MSN to mryesterday Send a message via Yahoo to mryesterday

The "power" icon on the end call key does the same as the power button up top, just shuts down the display... redundant much?

If you have an issue with anything physical on an HTC and can't find an answer through "Search", give me a yell.

Custom painted Mogul/Titan w/ trimmed down housing, running WM 6.1, and android, standalone GPS w/ TomTom maps, and the cube.
*Still awaiting a good overclocker for the ****ed dual processor*
Old 12-17-2008, 07:10 PM
My ROMS On My Site

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Yeah, not on the Verizon one...
Old 12-17-2008, 07:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

mike171562 is just getting started

The Sprint Diamond can be turned off, by pressing and holding the power button until a confirmation box appears, you hit "Yes" and it does turn off.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:15 PM
My ROMS On My Site

WOW! I just reflashed to build 20748, this holding power button works! Sweet. Although I'll never use it.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Im not gonna flash for a power button 'turn off' feature. Im good where Im at........LOL

However, thx for bringing it up that it CAN be done.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP with Twisted Access 1.5
Carrier: Alltel but not for long

hessien is keeping up the good workhessien is keeping up the good work

Has anyone developed a "hack" for the 6700 to do a power off like the 6800?
Old 12-18-2008, 12:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Not that I'm aware of. You'll have to workaround it and turn off the radio.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Im just a bit curious on why you guys wanna turn your device off. Other than saying you can do it, whats the reason/point?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache