PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2007, 12:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

billyman is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Advice wanted...

Hey all, I have an opportunity to trade a Sanyo Katana (SCP-6600) for a PPC-6700. I currently have a Treo 700wx but I bought the Katana new thinking I was ready to give up the Treo, but realized after 1 day how much I miss the Treo.

I listed the Katana for sale and I rec'd an email from someone asking if I would consider a trade, the Katana for a new PPC-6700. My question: Should I make the trade? Or decline and try to sell the Katana? From what I can tell, even if I chose to sell the 6700, I could get more than I could for the Katana. Or I could consider migrating from the 700wx to the 6700.

Thoughts???
Old 06-04-2007, 12:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

chuque is a n00b
well as my grandma always said "if it sounds too good to be true ..."

I don't see why someone would want to trade a new 200+ dollar phone for a 30 dollar one?
Old 06-04-2007, 12:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

omegax is keeping up the good workomegax is keeping up the good work
If you dont make that trade I will. Like you said even if you hate the 6700 its worth more than the katana. But make sure that esn is clear!
Old 06-04-2007, 03:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

billyman is becoming a great contributor
WOW, 58 views and only 2 replies. New info, the guy said he can give me paperwork showing the phone is new. He said he bought it and doesn't like how big it is.

My main worry is that I don't want to trade if the 6700 is at the end of it's life span (soon to be obsolete). How long has the 6700 been out and are there any new versions on the crest of release?

Thank you in advance for your input.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell Mobility

fablife is just getting started
Not sure about your area - but the 6800 (HTC P4000) has been release in Canada with Telus.

I would probably opt to do the trade (assuming you do your do diligence to ensure the 6700 is clean). Although the 6800 has been (or will be) release - the 6700 is still a very functional PPC phone.

Plus, your 700wx does not have wifi - 6700 does!, along with a larger screen, more Memory (dont quote me on that).

just my 2 cents
Old 06-04-2007, 04:35 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP
Make that trade! If he can show you it's clean, get it. The 6700 is soon to be replaced by the 6800, but underground (non-carrier) development is still very actively going on the 6700. As a matter of fact, helmi-c is on the verge (with support from many of the gurus here) of releasing a whole new method of upgrading the 6700. Take that phone or we'll be pissed that we didn't get the offer.

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
Old 06-04-2007, 09:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP
With all the people around this forum doing all the heavy lifting, the 6700 just keeps getting better and better. Personally, I have very little interest in the 6800 . . .
Old 06-05-2007, 09:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix
I'd go for it. I like my 6700. Now more than ever with a custom ROM on it. I too, have little interest in the 6800. Now, a Universal... I'd go for one of those. But I'd jump at the offer you're getting.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

rfletch12 is a n00b
I'd do it. You can do a lot of customization with 6700. I had a 6600 and i've been able to do a lot more with the 6700.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:03 PM
Retired Staff

bunnytrigger is keeping up the good workbunnytrigger is keeping up the good workbunnytrigger is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to bunnytrigger Send a message via MSN to bunnytrigger Send a message via Yahoo to bunnytrigger Send a message via Skype™ to bunnytrigger
go for it. KATANA is useless sir, sorry to say that

haven't you heard? corporations are the new government. They're constitutionally-exempt.

92% of teens have moved onto WoW. if you are part of the 8% that still play REAL games, copy n paste

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache