PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2007, 06:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

warder is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Palm messaging - sending out multiple txts (friends annoyed)

My Palm messaging app on Colonel's 3.5 keep sending out multiple txts... of any random txt I send out... it has repeated some at least 8x. It's annoying to my friends, especially those who don't have txting plans.

Any idea why this is so? On the Today page, I'm running Pocketbreeze & Pocketweather.

Does any setting in the app itself does this? Does the phone go crazy every time it wakes up or loses and regains a signal and tries to resend the last msg? Anyone have a clue?
Old 05-22-2007, 06:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Apache PPC-6700

BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY
this is a know issue with the app. i have been using the app for few weeks now and no one has said anything to me. i think it may do it sometimes there is no way i know of to fix it.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

JBabey is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY
this is a know issue with the app. i have been using the app for few weeks now and no one has said anything to me. i think it may do it sometimes there is no way i know of to fix it.
i dont think this is a known issue. The only time you will do that is when the network is all messed up. It happens to sprint customers about once or so every 3 months, and when it does, its all phones, not just the 6700.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Apache PPC-6700

BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBabey
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY
i dont think this is a known issue. The only time you will do that is when the network is all messed up. It happens to sprint customers about once or so every 3 months, and when it does, its all phones, not just the 6700.
nah its a now issue according to wowthisisrandom. he told me about it when the app came to me lol.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:32 PM
What I do is a Lou Thang
Pocket PC: Incredibl / Bold
Carrier: Verizon

wowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wowthatisrandom Send a message via MSN to wowthatisrandom Send a message via Yahoo to wowthatisrandom
for sure... happens to me all the time randomly... i narrowed it down to the app but happens also without it... just ALOT more when u have it... but neways i dont care it doesnt affect me haha and i just use it as an excuse to get a new phone every 3 monthes
Old 05-22-2007, 11:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache - Titan - Vogue - Diamond

lattisimo is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to lattisimo Send a message via MSN to lattisimo Send a message via Yahoo to lattisimo Send a message via Skype™ to lattisimo
i have used this app on almost every version of colonels roms (am running 3.5 final at the moment) and i have never had the problem other than when i have low signal and it tells me it failed when it really didn't and i retry or when sprints network is on the fritz.

now i have experienced where some mornings i will start messaging people and the messages go to the outbox and do not send. no error or notification.

if i soft reset and then go to the first message in the outbox and select resend then all of the messages go to their recipients and i don't have to problem for a week or so.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache