PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2007, 08:04 PM
Lurker

cjordan22 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PPC-6700 Freaking Out

I hope I'm posting this question properly. I'm desperate for a real answer. I have a PPC-6700 with Sprint service. Just recently the buttons on the bottom front of the phone stopped working, I've been using the stylus and touch screen ever since and getting tired of that. Then, yesterday my phone started to dial the last called number automatically and constantly. It just keeps popping up into phone mode and dialing the number. I took the phone to the local Sprint repair center. They told me it had to be replaced. However, there are no more 6700's available so they are going to give me a Treo as a replacement. YUCK!!!
Can any of you tell me if my problems sound like a known, fixable issue?

Sorry for the long post, Thanks

Chris
Old 05-16-2007, 08:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache - Titan - Vogue - Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

lattisimo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to lattisimo Send a message via MSN to lattisimo Send a message via Yahoo to lattisimo Send a message via Skype™ to lattisimo
it is most likely just the keypad on the front needs replacing. i have 2 extras but that doesn't do you much good. it is easy to do. i have replaced many for my friends devices that have worn out joysticks.

a T-6 torx bit and a small phillips is all you need. if you tackle this on your own, remember to slide the keyboard open to remove the board after removing all of the screws. there are very detailed steps on the wiki. http://wiki.ppcgeeks.com/index.php?t...mble_your_6700

sixftunda did a great job w/lots of pics.

also make sure when re-assembling, make sure the volume switch lines up properly. it snaps off easily.

This WILL VOID YOUR WARANTY. if you have TEP just call them and tell them you lost it and they will send you another for $50. or you could break down and accept the treo but i know i wouldn't.

good luck. hope things go well.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:57 AM
boubert

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
before you take the treo see this post http://www.ppcgeeks.com/sprint-told-...690.html#46235 hope this helps

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache