PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2007, 09:20 AM
N00b

vclawson is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Play music while in suspend

I'd like to play music while in suspend but I have found that whenever I hit the power button the music goes off. I have tried WMP and TCPMP, with music on the SD and in main memory. Is there any way to accomplish this? Currently, I am locking the player and setting the power to not turn off the power. However, I believe this severely drains the power. Any ideas?
Old 05-07-2007, 09:55 AM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff
You are doing it right, except then press and hold the power button for about 2 seconds till the backlight goes off too...

Have Wifi and GPS on your phone???
Check out Navizon. It's $$$ in your pocket!
http://my.navizon.com/Webapps/UserAd..._code=5E5D5D5F
Navizon- Get paid $s to use your phones GPS & Wifi!

My Navizon Thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21590
Old 05-07-2007, 12:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: Verizon

xmind2006 is a n00b
There are a couple of programs that will toggle the screen completely off. I forget what programs do that, but I believe they are free and you can just place a shortcut on your today screen to toggle your screen.

Free screen toggle programs:
http://translate.google.com/translat...2Fpsshutxp.htm

Not free, but included in as an "extra"
SPB pocket plus has it
XCPUScalar has this option as well, but don't over/under clock in the interest of battery longevity
Old 05-07-2007, 06:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6700
Carrier: Sprint

ran-o-matic is a n00b
Both WMP and TCPMP have button options that allow you to turn off the screen and still play music. Don't expect super power savings though. The processor will still need to eat battery to run the program.

In TCPMP use Options -> Settings... -> Select Page -> Hot Keys -> Screen on/off (I didn't say it was easy, did I?)

In WMP go to Menu -> Options -> Buttons -> Toggle Screen
Old 05-07-2007, 06:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Lazybones is a n00b
WMP Menu->Options->Buttons Tab Map a button to Toggle Screen, it doesn't like most buttons so I map it to the D-pad button.

Other Free Players
GSPlayer has a nice timed auto screen off function

MortPlayer also has a screen off function but it is more complex.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:10 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Just to be clear to the OP:

You can't play music while in suspend.

The folks answering your question are talking about options to turn the screen / backlight off.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:12 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by ran-o-matic
Both WMP and TCPMP have button options that allow you to turn off the screen and still play music. Don't expect super power savings though. The processor will still need to eat battery to run the program.

In TCPMP use Options -> Settings... -> Select Page -> Hot Keys -> Screen on/off (I didn't say it was easy, did I?)

In WMP go to Menu -> Options -> Buttons -> Toggle Screen
Wow I had no idea TCPMP had this, been using this program for 10 months / 1 year and I had no idea thanks.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:30 AM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D5
Wow I had no idea TCPMP had this, been using this program for 10 months / 1 year and I had no idea thanks
I know what you mean. There are so many different things to change its really easy to look over something. I've done that quite often, lol
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:22 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I use mortplayer, mapped one of the hard buttons to "turn off screen" - it really does not draw much power at all with the screen off but cpu on - about 26ma - when it is "off" it still draws 12-16ma - you could run it on with the screen off on a full charge for about 2 days.

PS - I like mortplayer WAY better then tcpmp or wmp. You can map hard buttons and the dpad to all the actions you'll ever need so you can both use it one handed no stylus and use it fine with the display off, it plays folders as playlists, and it's rock solid.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: Verizon

xmind2006 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj
PS - I like mortplayer WAY better then tcpmp or wmp. You can map hard buttons and the dpad to all the actions you'll ever need so you can both use it one handed no stylus and use it fine with the display off, it plays folders as playlists, and it's rock solid.
TCPMP can do all that you mentioned above (map dpad for skip, FF, pause, etc, turn off display (just found out as well), and can play whole foldes as playlists)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache