PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2007, 07:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need help. Phone not working!

I just updated a friends phone to Kirvins clean and simple 3.5... Upon completion, we dialed *228 to program (we had just activated the phone. He bought it used on ebay.)... the phone programmed perfectly and calls just fine, but the earpiece doesn't work, nor does the microphone. We also can't turn the speakerphone on.

Anyone had this problem? My buddy said that he dialed *228 before we added the ESN to verizon and he heard the programming system, but now there's nothing there.

Anyone?
Old 05-05-2007, 08:02 PM
N00b

ryncppr is a n00b
I would first reload the original AKU 2.2 on the phone to see if that works. It may take some time to do it, but let the phone fully customize with the AKU then try to program it. If it is working, then there is a problem with the AKU 3.5 you downloaded.

Hopefully that works. That will let the forum know if your phone is broken or if there is a problem with your install.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryncppr
I would first reload the original AKU 2.2 on the phone to see if that works. It may take some time to do it, but let the phone fully customize with the AKU then try to program it. If it is working, then there is a problem with the AKU 3.5 you downloaded.

Hopefully that works. That will let the forum know if your phone is broken or if there is a problem with your install.
Update, I was trying that step as I posted... still didn't work.

He's going to send it back to the ebay seller as defective on monday... unless we find a solution over the weekend.
Old 05-06-2007, 06:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Alltel

tenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Sounds like a classic case of getting burned on eBay by purchasing someone else's "problem."

I was a member back when Wideawake was just Awake...
Old 05-06-2007, 08:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthirty2
Sounds like a classic case of getting burned on eBay by purchasing someone else's "problem."

Actually, I think it's a case of a refurb that wasn't fixed correctly. He bought it from an ebay seller that sells tons of refurbs, so he'll just have to send it back and they'll send another.

I had the same thing happen when I bought mine (different dealer)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache