PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2008, 04:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: Looking for an old custom WM5 ROM w/unlocked registry

The ## codes do not work on all dialers BTW.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:19 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

YEs. I forgot to mention that I tihnk. USe the "HTC Vouge DIaler" It will work.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Apache
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

laithis is a n00b

oookay....dumb Q for the day (well, dumb Q #1 at least!)

Can I add phone codes & phone dialer to the sprint stock ROM? (and if so...how?)

'Cuz I need to keep that stock ROM / WM5 in order to activate.

I'm kind of in a catch-22 situation here....
Old 10-28-2008, 06:14 PM
My ROMS On My Site

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Oh, if you'reo n stock ROM don't worry. It's only most of the custom dialers in the kitchen
Old 10-28-2008, 09:57 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

laithis is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie View Post
Oh, if you're on stock ROM don't worry. It's only most of the custom dialers in the kitchen
?? I'm sorry PDAPhoneJunkie, you lost me. So what you're saying is that the Sprint stock ROM I loaded on the phone *should* have a dialer that already has the codes loaded on it?

If that's the case, then why won't any of the ##codes sprint gives me (when I try to activate) take me to the view/edit programming screen? Well, except for ##000000# - and that one is useless since the MSID never stays programmed after I enter it and the phone power cycles....

EDIT ------

Where's the latest Sprint stock ROM? Is it possible I got my hands on an old one - and that's what's causing my problems?

And the latest PRL - would that be an issue? The one I loaded is 20232.prl ...

Last edited by laithis; 10-28-2008 at 10:00 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:04 PM
VIP Member

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Yeah those dialers we talked about are usually in the Kitchen and added into custom ROMs or be added afterwards through .cab files. But in your case if you are using a Sprint OEM ROM and a stock dialer and doing ##<code> or ##<code># and it isnt working then I think there is something being left out
Old 10-28-2008, 10:14 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

laithis is a n00b

Just found Jabu's OEM list - redownloading and reinstalling the Sprint OEM, just in case. Hopefully I just have a bad/outdated one? Hopefully...
Old 10-29-2008, 01:25 AM
My ROMS On My Site

Probably, there were two upgrades Sprint gave. Jabu's is more recent and I shoulda pointed you that way to begin with. Sorry.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:37 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

laithis is a n00b

Well, each day I get a tiny step closer.

The updated Sprint stock ROM did allow the MSID to "take" and stay in there - but still no luck activating the phone. On their end, they see it, and they think it's activated. On my end, when I hit "talk" I hear "your account could not be activated".

At this point I think I've tried everything you guys have suggested to get the phone to work....

So barring any other ideas, I'm gonna go smile real nice at some sprint rep in the local store and ask for a new phone - like you suggested!

I've sure learned a lot! So...thank you , THANK you guys for all your help!

(you shoulda seen the look on the face of my IT guy at work today when I told him I'd hacked into the registry to bypass the digitizer. Not sure if it was b-c I was "a girl" or b-c it was something he'd never tried to do...!! LOL!)
Old 10-30-2008, 07:18 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laithis View Post
On my end, when I hit "talk" I hear "your account could not be activated".
Last time I got that error VZW had to regenerate an A-key for me (Authentication key). All it would allow me to do was use CCs or callings cards I think.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache