PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2008, 02:23 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Alltel

Zigi19 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Zigi19
Questons About The PPC6700

Hi im zeke and im new to this forum i had a ew questions that i hope someone can answer ty all in advance for your time

i currently use alltel U prepaid and i was wanting a new phone to replace my LG ax8600. Well i was on ebay browsing alltel phones and one caught my eye the PPC 6700, i fell in love with the qwerty keyboard and its looks. well i was talking to a friend who swears the moto qs a better buy but i dont know. ive never used a smartphone but i want one for daily use i think there cool hehe. i was wanting to know what things you can do to the 6700 and is it worth buying you can get the on ebay pretty cheap same as a moto q but i like the 6700 hehe ty all for your time
Old 10-13-2008, 08:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

gambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Questons About The PPC6700

OK, I'll start this one off and welcome to the forum. The 6700 is a PPC (has a touchcreen) while the Moto Q is a smartphone (no touchscreen). That is a difference. So, should you desire, you can make the 6700 more iPhone-like with the TouchFLO or Touch Commander. You already noticed the bigger keyboard for texting. Alot of modding capabilities with the WM6/6.1 kitchens. We like the phone and I'm sure you'll get alot more responses.

I guess to take the bad with the good, battery life is not good with the PPC relative to a regular phone. You really can't turn the 6700 completely off. Idk about the Moto...

Last edited by gambatte; 10-13-2008 at 01:08 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:40 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

PPCs are MUCH MUCH harder to use then smartphones, i once saw an artical that said the ppc was the "big brother" to the smartphone completely different phones even though same os

Old 10-13-2008, 10:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Agreed, Ill take a PPC over a Smartphone anyday. Keep in mind the iPhone is also a Smartphone and thats why the PPC can do so much more.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:31 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Yep. Bad arguement to try and say that Moto Q is better. Check out my demo on the 6700, the link is in my signature.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:09 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Zigi19 is a n00b

ty all so much i watch the demo video and i think ive decided on the PPC it just seems right for me , the iphone theme is awesome <3 it. but another question can you use the VZW version on Alltel and vice versa ty all for your time and ty for the fast responses
Old 10-13-2008, 09:15 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

just know that it can be time absorbing but you will learn quickly young grasshopper
Old 10-13-2008, 10:45 PM
My ROMS On My Site

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

The iPhone is not awsome. It LOOKS awsome. Anyhow. You can use Alltell phones on Verizon but I don't know about using VZW on Alltell.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:47 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Zigi19 is a n00b

Ty for your vote of confidence and i hope to learn quickly hehe ty all for your replys
Old 10-13-2008, 11:54 PM
My ROMS On My Site

Haha. You WILL love it!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache