PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2007, 02:30 PM
Lurker

hpsfinest is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Please Help!! No sound on 6700

I know this has probably been asked before and I tried to search but didn't find anything. I have no sound on my 6700 I can talk only when I have the headset plugged in. The phone rings from the speaker and the headset but if I unplug the headset there is silence when I try to talk. I tried to jiggle the headset jack with no success.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:47 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
It's been a common problem for people that use wired headsets. Basically the jack gets damaged such that the phone always thinks that the headset is plugged in (thus disabling the onboard speaker). Some people have had luck by trying different ways of inserting/uninserting the headset plug to get the speaker back on (try it while some music or somthing continuous is playing).

Speakers can go bad for other reasons (happened to me actually--requried a warranty replacement of the phone). And I suppose there's an off-chance that it's a software problem. Surest way to tell would be to hard reset.

Good luck.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:15 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

hpsfinest is a n00b
I tried a hard reset and it didn't help. The speaker actually works when I have the headset plugged it so I'm pretty sure the speaker hasn't gone bad I guess it's the headphone jack
Old 04-17-2007, 03:34 PM
Lurker

rdominelli is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to rdominelli Send a message via Yahoo to rdominelli
Same thing just happened to me... very frustrating. In my case the ringer works, but speaker phone seems disabled and audio does not play through anything but the headphones.

No warrenty so I am trying to decide whether to buy a new one or try a different one.

Rich
Old 04-17-2007, 03:35 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
known issue with headset jack, I recommend not using that at all. But if u have to then u will have to dea with this. keep pluging in and unpluging until sound returns to the phone. it may take 20+ times....so don't give up.
~mike

Old 04-17-2007, 04:42 PM
Lurker

rdominelli is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to rdominelli Send a message via Yahoo to rdominelli
Fixed it

Thanks for the tip. What I did was play around with my headset jack until I was able to make the source come back. The using a small jewelers screwdriver I ran it back to front several times over the bottom of the jack and POOF my sound came back.

When I say bottom of the jack, put your ppc down in front of you screen up, the jack is basically a tube, runing the screwdriver at an angle along the bottom of the tube brought the sound back.

As far as not using it, I need my headphone jack so I can play my audio books in the car. Unless someone has a cool way around that.

Rich
Old 04-17-2007, 07:23 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
You could listen to I through a bluetooth headset if u have one, or just pick up a pair of bluetooth headphones. They aren't to to bad but do as u please. I stopped using them the first time I had this problem.
~mike
Old 04-17-2007, 08:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

JBabey is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Re: Fixed it

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdominelli
Thanks for the tip. What I did was play around with my headset jack until I was able to make the source come back. The using a small jewelers screwdriver I ran it back to front several times over the bottom of the jack and POOF my sound came back.

When I say bottom of the jack, put your ppc down in front of you screen up, the jack is basically a tube, runing the screwdriver at an angle along the bottom of the tube brought the sound back.

As far as not using it, I need my headphone jack so I can play my audio books in the car. Unless someone has a cool way around that.

Rich
Sprint techs have received solder equipment and will be trained on it shortly. Headset jacks and the charging/usb port are two of the things on the list that we will be able to repair once were trained. Sit tight, hopefully it does not become a chronic problem because the 6700 is extinct and you may end up exchanged into a lame @ss pile of garbage treo700w
Old 04-18-2007, 06:29 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

hpsfinest is a n00b
guess I'm screwed till the techs get trained then cause it didn't work for me lol
Old 05-28-2007, 04:24 PM
Lurker

darksine is a n00b
Any other tips for this problem? I took my phone apart and it seems like the solder is still in place on the headphone jack. I reset the phone and even put on a different firmware. When I reset the phone it does the customary double beep but after that I only get audio if I plug in the headset. Is there anyway to shut off the headset plug in the registry?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache