PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2008, 09:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6700

milfbrock is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Cooking to much for my MAx rom Size...

First of all I am using an Audiovox ppc 6700 Utstarcomm wm 5 and the rom update that was available in 2006.

I finally got the kitchen up and running... took me an hour to go thru and check all my "recipes." Well it went through its little thing and then says Compiled size is to large for your Max Rom size. Need to delete 33484455 bytes or something un godly like that. In the kitchen there is a tab for SIZE but none of them display. I have no idea how much or what i need to get rid of (Recipe wise.) Am i getting greedy on my first time with the kitchen? Is there any prep work I should do on my end of the phone? Please help a noobish ppc'r. I thank you for your time and wisdom.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: Cooking to much for my MAx rom Size...

Usually you start off small and build up but you can start big and downsize as you go. But I think you already know this.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

gambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well, if you have bootloader 2.04/2.05, your other option is to downgrade that to 2.02 for a little more ROM allocation space. But as Weed said, you will be happier in the long run by just loading the WM files and foregoing all the extra stuff you can add later with cabs.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:24 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

milfbrock is a n00b

I have bootloader v 1.00. Is that a problem also?
Old 09-10-2008, 02:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible

gambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

No, not sizewize (it's the biggest) but can be problem with Vista.
Old 09-10-2008, 02:40 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

There a very few problems I find with v1.00 Try diabling USB Connections in Mobile Device Center.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:36 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

milfbrock is a n00b

Ahh hours of confusion i've got it.... well sorta. I tried a few recipes that looked real neat out like; slide2view, smms, telenav(need to purchase or get 30 day free trial at telenav.com) s2us.exe runnin errors (slidetounlock i think it is), just other stuff also i didnt care for. What im trying to really say now, is It alrite to flash over roms more than once? or is it bad for your cpu.... I have alot of time, so thats not the issue. Thanks for your help once again and if you have sum good wisdom to spread about the ppc 6700 pls message me or reply this post. thank you

"There a very few problems I find with v1.00 Try diabling USB Connections in Mobile Device Center." -PDAPhoneJunky.

Thank you that was very useful.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:22 PM
My ROMS On My Site

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

It's fine to flash over and over again. I've probably flashed about 60 times.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizion Wireless

shawn is a n00b

Just try a clean rom the first time around. You will be happier in the long run. You will have much less (if any) software conflicts. After you get that down, try adding a few items at a time.
I have also flashed more times than I can count. It is flash memory, so there is a limit to how many times you can write to it, but there is no way you will ever reach that by flashing roms. Have fun!!!
Old 09-10-2008, 07:56 PM
My ROMS On My Site

Yeah basicaly you will never reach that limit. I would be very shocked if someone did. Keep cooking and I sated above running it stripped is the best way!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache