PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2008, 08:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700

Nitroware is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Build Problems

For quite a while, me and my friend have been trying to get the Build_OS (PPC Kitchen) program to work. Well, it hasn't. What basically has bee happening, is that its not sending the rom to my phone. I got it to work once, but that just uploaded the base WM6, not 6.1. This is really frustrating. Any ideas? (Sorry for lack of info, what do you need, ill get it?)

Thanks!

n00b

Last edited by Nitroware; 09-10-2008 at 05:31 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:44 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP
Re: Build Problems

There are two different kitchens. Which are you using. WM6.1 or WM6? You will NOT get one out of the other. I have a video on flashing in my signature check it out.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:53 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Nitroware is a n00b

ok, ive had enough of this PPC_Kitchen (pppckitchen.org), Ive wasted too much time on it. Does anybody know how to just upgrade my phone to wm6.1, nothing fancy, ill install everything manually (fun, i know). Any good solutions?
Old 09-09-2008, 09:10 PM
My ROMS On My Site

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

No you have not wasted too much time on it. And it's the only way to have a stable WM6.1 ROM on an Apache all of the other .exe's are supper buggy and not really supported. Just hit play and you will be doing the steps you would by running any other type of ROM. It's not hard, check out my video.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:43 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Nitroware is a n00b

ok, I followed ur video, and did exactly everything. When it goes to place the ROM, it says something like no storage partition found. and then a bunch of stuff follows. That Rom updater screen never appears, and when i manually run it it complains abot not findong the rom. The temp folder also isnt in the program directory. Any ideas? I am using the 1.0.0 bootloader, I dont know if that is anything... The error also said something about Cannot find UTUpgrade.exe or something.

Last edited by Nitroware; 09-09-2008 at 09:52 PM.
Old 09-10-2008, 02:37 AM
My ROMS On My Site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitroware View Post
ok, I followed ur video, and did exactly everything. When it goes to place the ROM, it says something like no storage partition found. and then a bunch of stuff follows. That Rom updater screen never appears, and when i manually run it it complains abot not findong the rom. The temp folder also isnt in the program directory. Any ideas? I am using the 1.0.0 bootloader, I dont know if that is anything... The error also said something about Cannot find UTUpgrade.exe or something.
Are you using the WM6.1 kitchen?
Old 09-10-2008, 03:11 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Nitroware is a n00b

yeah, I just did the update, and just downloaded the software (yesterday), and im almost posetive that it is the ...WM6.1.rar files.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:15 PM
My ROMS On My Site

Strange. What kitchen? Lenny or Helmi?
Old 09-10-2008, 04:16 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Nitroware is a n00b

both. I downloaded both. Again, i think its building the rom, just not placing it
Old 09-10-2008, 04:21 PM
My ROMS On My Site

Are you running as Administrator?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache