PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2008, 03:04 AM
Lurker

vroelken is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hmmm... yup, need help.

This is my first time ever with a smartphone that uses WM. I have an Audiovox XV6700, and I did an update supposedly to AKU 3.3 on the Windows Mobile 5.0. I just have a couple of questions.
Am I able to upgrade to Windows Mobile 6.1?
Whenever I try to build a ROM I get failures...
Also, after the update I don't see a SMS feature all I see is an MMS feature. Anyway to reenable this or reinstall this? I searched the site for guides, but none have explained what I am looking for. Thanks!
Old 09-09-2008, 07:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: Hmmm... yup, need help.

First, it isnt a smart phone but a PPC.

Secondly, yes you can upgrade to 6 although manby people have issues with it and you will gain nothing other than having the ability to say you have 6.

Thirdly, you will need to tell us what Bootloader version you have, Vista or XP, what are you using to build a ROM with, what are you trying to add into the ROM and what errors you are getting. No one can read your mind and these things we need to know so we can better help you out.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:33 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

vroelken is a n00b

Forgive me, I'm too new at this. I will post better details.
I'm pretty sure the bootloader is 2.05. I'm using windows xp, and I tried using the BuildOS, but I can only get the 6.1 files or whatever it is.
Basically I should be fine with the current setting the only problem that I do have is I don't have messaging apparently. It only shows MMS stuff. If I can beef it up that'd be much better.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:13 AM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Messaging is in the core Windows Mobile files. I gota a video on flashing, second link in my signature.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:28 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

vroelken is a n00b

Doh! Found the messaging, I feel dumb for not exploring any further. I have a new question if you guys don't mind answering. I live in Hawaii and there's a local pcs carrier that I wish to use the phone from. I went to a store and they connected it to some type of program to I guess brand the phone to Mobi PCS, but the software didn't have my xv6700. I was wondering if there was a guide to unlock it to Mobi myself... Just wondering. Thanks!
Old 09-10-2008, 08:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

I know the 67 be unlocked but at the same time we have members from India and Mexico (only ones I have seen) that use it on thier networks so it can be done. How it can be done IDK but at least there is some hope for you. Maybe someone else can chime in.
Old 09-10-2008, 02:44 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Pretty much you need to load the carriers PRL and if they're not willing to add the ESN to their database then we all know what needs to take place
Old 09-11-2008, 10:42 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

vroelken is a n00b

Okay, it's all making sense to me now. I need the PRL file from Mobi, but will they just give it to me? Because it's in Hawaii and I'm pretty sure it'd be pretty rare...
Old 09-11-2008, 10:45 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

check here maybe....
PRL's

http://www.corolada.com/prl/
Old 09-12-2008, 06:29 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

vroelken is a n00b

Nope, I wish it was there though. Suck, I know the PRL number I wish I can just simply change it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache