PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2008, 10:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: BrwnTelephoneCO

rangness is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Apache rotate button

Hey! I have Apache with winmo 6.1. I use AE Button plus and i was wondering if there is a way to assign a button so that it will rotate the screen...or is there a program that i can assign to a button and rotate? thanks!
Old 08-18-2008, 11:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

rangness is a n00b
Re: Apache rotate button

in the start/personal/buttons ....i saw the rotate screen, any way to make it rotate clockwise, not counterclockwise....in the registry????
Old 08-19-2008, 07:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

I agree it is aggravating for those of us who want it to rotate in that direction but I havent seen anything to that which you are asking for.
Old 08-19-2008, 05:45 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Doesn't the rotation of the screen (clockwise or counterclockwise) depend on your Landscape setting? (left-handed or right-handed)

Under settings/Screen. Try changing Orientation and then see if rotation changes from cw to ccw.

If that works, might have to do a Mortscript to change the orientation before you do the rotate (if you wnat to rotate ccw only on selected apps).

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 08-19-2008, 06:51 PM
jy2
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

jy2 is a n00b
Smile Re: Apache rotate button

Someone has written some freeware utilities for rotating the screen 90 (RotateSE), 180 (RotateSE180) or 270 degrees (RotateSE270) here: http://www.tweaks2k2.com/portal/stat...05022517002183

I found they work fine on WM5 or 6 or 6.1.

The lower right of my screen got worn out from using Block mode so much, and the 180 flip lets me write on a still usable part of the screen.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

It was my understanding that he not really wanted to rotate the screen but counter clockwise but rather clockwise thus going from a right handed device toa left handed device. Rotation isnt an issue but rotation in the direction he wants is the issue.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

rangness is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
It was my understanding that he not really wanted to rotate the screen but counter clockwise but rather clockwise thus going from a right handed device toa left handed device. Rotation isnt an issue but rotation in the direction he wants is the issue.
Yah....the landscape mode with the apache antenna in my left hand is more comfortable to hold than the antenna jabbing into my right hand. (seems like a random thread but my keyboard recently started losing functions/letters so just wanted to be able to switch with on screen keyboard)
Old 08-20-2008, 10:07 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

So does changing the orientation to landscape (left-handed) work for rotating the screen cw?

Might be able to write a mortscript to do this since the normal rotate screen is set to rotate ccw.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache