PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2008, 02:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

bugee_d is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone dialing delay

Could someone please help????
I have notice an annoying delay when trying to place and end calls that originate from my contacts and/or call history.
When i say delay i mean in excess of 45 seconds, but funny enough when i make a call using the keypad (dialing out the #) there is no delay.
This all started to happen after i upgraded to the 6.1 kitchen from the 6.0
I have searched the forums without any success
My Phone:
PPC6700; WM 6.1;Rom 3.61.00;
Radio 1.27; Boot loader v2.02

Last edited by bugee_d; 08-10-2008 at 02:37 AM. Reason: title too long
Old 08-11-2008, 09:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: Phone dialing delay

Without telling you to recook you ROM or going back to WM5, IDK.

I think it is safe to assume that if you didnt have these issues in 6.0 but now do in 6.1, then you didnt do something correct OR the flash didnt fully 100% take
Old 08-12-2008, 11:44 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

I've found that this happens in most of my 6.1 ROMS also. I think that it's a function of basic commands in the ROM that are not designed for the 6700 hardware.
I just flashed a new ROM with Lenny's 20273 base, and it still does the same thing.
It's one of the reasons that I'm planning on getting the Diamond ASAP- especially if it comes out this month.

Last edited by Trident; 08-12-2008 at 11:47 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:02 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bugee_d is a n00b

Thanks Trident, i'm glad to know that i'm not the only one experiencing this problem. Like you i'm patiently waiting for the diamond as my contract officially ended last month with sprint.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:05 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

No problem.
I also have a thread that I started in the Upgrades section.
There is a reg edit to help with getting the red/end key to react faster, but I've found that even that isn't consistent.

I had found a reg edit to make all the keys faster- it did work for a while, but I couldn't find it again after I did a hard reset a week later.

I just reflashed back to a 19176 build of 6.1- the 20273 was nice, except I couldn't get it to sync after the first time I did it!
Old 08-13-2008, 10:29 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bugee_d is a n00b

Tell me a little about bootloader and what exactly it does.(By bootloader I mean the serial version I see when I put the phone in bootloader mode)

You see i have two PPC6700 and both of them have the same kitchen selections on them but I seem to only have this problem with one of the phones.

Phone A has V2.02 on it and that's the problem child, and the other phone B has v1.00 and it works just fine.....
Old 08-13-2008, 11:35 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bugee_d is a n00b

Ok I found some info. on the difference between the various bootloaders, but what I couldn't find was any information on how to revert back to V1.00

If anyone has this info. please post.....

Thanks
Old 08-14-2008, 08:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Do some forum searches

Link

Link
Old 08-21-2008, 12:44 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bugee_d is a n00b

Thanks alot guys for everything. I contacted sprint tech support and they decided that it was the phone which was at fault. After being back and forth with the insurance company and sprint, sprint decided to send me a new phone because i insisted on getting a new phone versus a refurb. from the ins co.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache