PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2008, 09:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700

MatsuroX is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question XV6700 Sprint on Cricket quick question

Hello everyone, this is my first post. First off, I would like to say thank you to the community here for all the help I've recieved from all the searhcing in these forums. You guys and gals rock. Some hot girls here

Cricket just came to St. Louis a couple months ago. I didnt want to use one of their bs phones, so I just purchased an XV6700 on ebay. I did weeks of research before hand and dl'd all the tools and info I needed for the switch over to cricket.

I have updated the .prl and called cricket to activate, they told me to bring the phone into the store bc its not on the network. When I dial *611 I dont connect. My question is this ... does cricket need to add my esn to their network before Im able to dial *611. Im thinking yes, but I dont know. Also, what do I need to tell the cricket associate ... just put my esn on their network and start me an account? Calling it a moto rzr wont work here in St. Louis, only tri band phones work here. I still have more provisioning to do on the phone, but I cant do anything else until they add my esn ... is that correct?

Thanks in advanced guys.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC
Carrier: Sprint

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: XV6700 Sprint on Cricket quick question

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatsuroX View Post
.....My question is this ... does cricket need to add my esn to their network before Im able to dial *611. Im thinking yes, but I dont know. Also, what do I need to tell the cricket associate ... just put my esn on their network and start me an account?
Thanks in advanced guys.
You need to program the phone to the cricket service so that your ESN will be valid, it is just not telling them "here is my ESN number, thanks".
Don't just say "Thanks"....give

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache